Molly Update

DammitJanet

Well we had beagles once but none in the house. We do have one small dog here in the house. How would I know if he had issues? Look? Where? He is very fluffy! He doesnt scootch on the carpet. He seems to be able to poop at will. He saves it to punish us when he gets irritated with one of us. Like if he gets mad at me, he will wait until I leave my room and then he will go into my room poop right inside my door so that when I open my door I wont see it and I will step right in it. He is evil that way.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Usually they'll do the scooch thing, but will bite/lick at their flank area alot trying to reach it, maybe rub their fannies up against something. Molly's new favorite item is the grandkid's playhouse. Used to be the pine tree but I think she finally (after years) figured out it's what was doing a number on her skin back there........all that pine sap. You'll also notice a foul smell sometimes......like where they sit, sometimes the ick from inside the glands will leak out a bit.

I was surprised to find her doing it this morning. So when she goes back in, I'll have the vet check to see if they need drained again........thinking they were so very full, she might not have got it all last time. I'd rather keep her drained than have her that miserable again.

She's even perkier this morning. :)

DammitJanet

No...the only odor I have ever smelled is one of the puppies pooting...lmao. They pass gas while asleep and I am like omgosh...who let that bomb out? I run for the pet spray.

SuZir

No...the only odor I have ever smelled is one of the puppies pooting...lmao. They pass gas while asleep and I am like omgosh...who let that bomb out? I run for the pet spray.

Glands normally empty themselves same time the dog defecates so you don't notice any extra smell. Problem starts when for some reason they are not emptying normally. And usually even then dogs are able to empty them by themselfves by for example rubbing their bottom to the ground. Sometimes, especially with the older dogs, they become the problem and have to be emptied. If not, they can be very uncomfortable and get infected.