Mom, I hate you and

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hate you so much I'm going to write you a whole page about how much I hate you. I don't care about you and you are a (I'd be bleeped if I said what he said) This was the first part of our ride home last night. He was being an absolute PITA about everything. I told him thanks for sharing and turned up my music.

About 20 minutes later (still on the drive home) he told me he made me some earrings. He said I made them for you so I guess I don't really hate you. But I do hate you sometimes. :rolleyes:

I guess this was maybe his way of apologizing. :crazy: by the way, the earrings are really cute! :smile:

F

flutterbee

:faint:

I'd be keeping that psychiatrist appointment.

When easy child was depressed, he would walk up to me out of the blue and very coldly say, "You know how much you say you love me? Well, that's how much I hate you." And then walk away. I can still see the look in his eyes, too.

(((hugs)))

Sharon, let me ask you...

This "I guess I really don't hate you, but I do hate you sometimes"...does the child say this in the same talking fashion as though he was saying

" I don't really like vanilla, but chocolate is ok."

???

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

Your difficult child can be a real turd :rolleyes: combined with a little darling :angel: .

I would guess on any given day you are losing what's left of your mind. :crazy: :smile: It's so hard for our difficult children to eat their words & just come right out & apologize.

You did good - I always thank the tweedles for sharing. It all gets so old. :sleeping:

Hope today is a much better day for difficult child (& in turn you & husband). :autumn:

Sunlight

I think I would ask him to go ahead and write the essay, then correct it with a red pen for grammer and make those lil "SP" marks for spelling, etc . grade it and frame it.

he will hate you again one day before he gets married. lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What a little weenie. difficult child used to tell me she hated me (still does I suppose on occasion, though with different words and facial expressions)...and then later ask me if I could help her paint her nails? Haha.

I just sold a book entitled something like, "Get out of my Life, but first could you take me and Cheryl to the Mall?". It was primarily written for parents of teenaged girls and it was almost always right on in it's interpretation of teens and messages. I loved it. It helped me a lot with easy child when she was 14/15. Of course, with difficult child it wasn't all that simple. But it was a good read nonetheless.

You did great. difficult child used to hate when I made the radio louder to drown her out. LOL.

TerryJ2

Wow, Sharon, you handled that very well. Hats off to you.
"Oh by the way, I made you some earrings." Arrrggh!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone.

Heather-I'm definitely keeping the appointment! He's been going down hill fast!

Sweetiegirlz-It is hard but I was at the point Monday where it didn't even phase me-he says it so much (some of the time it still gets to me).

BBK-When he said the part about the earrings and only hating me some of the time he was very calm.

Linda-Yep-you pretty much pegged my difficult child a turd and a darling! I'm not sure I have much of my mind left to lose!

Janet-Great idea! Only difficult child is so behind academically he wouldn't even begin to be able to write it-he'd be asking me to write it for him-lol.

Jo-Yeah, he can be a real weenie! I've actually read part of that book before!

Terry-Thanks. At first I thought he was making up the part about the earrings but he really did make them!

Sharon,

I agree with the others - You handled this situation so well!!! I hope difficult child's downward spiral ends soon!!! difficult child 1 has been going downhill lately too. And, now that I think of it, so has difficult child 2. What is going on around here? Why are so many of our kids taking turns for the worse?

Anyway, feel blessed - instead of cute earrings, you could be the happy recipient of a stick figure monkey (If you can even call it that)compliments of difficult child 2. WFEN