MOM, I have done REALY bad things....

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Good morning, Thank you all for all your encouragement and prayers.. I believe in the power of prayer .... and the encouragement is priceless ... especially since so many of us CAN say been there done that .... I know you TRULY understand my anguish .... for this I am greatful.....
Whymemom.. Andre got "off easy" as far as the desertion charges are concerned... they kept him for less than a week and released him with a "less than honerable" discharge .. he will be allowed to sign back up in 3 years if he has no drug felonies...
As far as these drug charges were concerned, they had not caught up with him at the time he was in Ft. Nox.... if they had known, the consequences would probably have been MUCH worse.... as far as the charges he is now facing, he is not facing for "man slaughter" just "attempted man slaughter" .... still this will be a drug fellony which will keep him from going back into the military as he "suposedly" is hoping to do in 3 years.. Hopefully he can keep his nose clean and walk the straight and narow.. in my opinion he desparately needs psychiatric help.. I am a recovering alcoholic ... (14 years this week-end) ... and all on my family side we have major anxiety, bipolar and depression issues, even one sister who is skitzophrenic.....
He would do well to seek help.. I have told him this.... maybe, for once, he will listen... Maybe, if he gets on the medications he needs (and doesn't abuse them) it will help him stop "self medicating" with various street drugs and rx bought and sold illigaly.....
Hugs to all of you... when I find out from Andre when his trial is.. I will be sure to post it...
Paula

Paula,

Congrats on your 14 years! That is quite an accomplishment!

I'm a friend of Bill myself (4 1/2 yrs). You know that everybody has to hit bottom before they say enough is enough.

Praying that this is Andre's bottom.

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Thanks Ladies,
BBK congrats on your time...
we all do it "one day at a time" some days it is literaly on minute at a time.....
You are right, I am praying that this is Andre's rock bottom.. from which he will come out........
Hugs
Paula