MOM, I NEED YOUR HELP: True book about heroin addiction

BusynMember

Since a few of our members have adult kids using heroin I got interested in it and picked up a book about a normal, if not well off family who found out their daughter first, then their son were heroin addicts. I'm just at the beginning...so far well written...they are just finding out about the son as the daughter who showed them a bent spoon. These kids were well taken care of, had a ready made job in the family company, were paid well, had insurance, cars and rents paid by parents. Not low lives or anything.

I thought I'd post the book in case anyone wants to read it. The people in the true story remind me of the people who post here. "How could this happen to US?" And they expected a fast fix for daughter, who they found out about first which, of course, didn't happen. Just very like we hope and feel. Good read so far for me. A learning experience too.
I am having trouble posting the link. Go to Amazon or just Google Search. It's called "Mom, I Need Your Help" by Jess Gallant.

Last edited:

BusynMember

I read the entire book. It felt like a trip through Hades, but actually has a happy ending, more or less. Do read it! It is a true story...remember that.

lovemyson1

I finished the book tonight. And I'm glad it has a happy ending although I cried occasionally when her son kept relapsing. The most I got from this book is not to enable.. It only prolongs the addict. But why oh why is it so hard?!