MOM, I wish you'd DIE.... When I'm a lot older!

EmJay

Gosh you gotta love an impulsive child! This is what I got from him when I refused to put HALO toys on his Christmas LIst to Santa! Sorry kid, Mom is NOT supporting toys that replicated a violent video game rated M for MATURE! It's NOT happening! And I'm not swaying from the NO VIDEO GAMES as gifts Rule either... So I'm sorry that you hate me right now; and your words hurt, but I'm not budging on this one!

buddy

Yeah, I have heard things like that, Even said he is gonna kill me, then wants me to make supper or he will specifically say he wants me to say something to him to make things all better, or at times he will say he wants to die, then get upset if he touched germs and needs me to reassure him he wont die from it, all in the same day. It is so important to listen to what they are really saying, isn't it.??? lol

EmJay

Ok, you crack me up! I HAVE to laugh at the "I want to die/OH NO there's germs/please tell me I won't die" one!

I'm convinced mine lacks the verbal filter...

buddy

Yeah, and really I know only you guys would understand why I am not so worried about actual suicide. Of course as I said, I listen to the message under the message, and I get it that he is upset and hurting at times. I wont let that go and I do pay attention especially since he is so impulsive. But it is a little funny. (if you search my name, you will see some of the funny things he has said... look back in sept if you are ever bored... he actually thought he had his period)

EmJay

I will definitely have to search that one! THAT is hilarious! And yes; at least I understand! MIne has come up with some pretty funny stuff. I'm gonna have to start writing his rants down! My husband and I laugh often at some of the irrationalities he comes up with.
And yes, I listen to the underlying message too. I know sometimes it is out of pure frustration. And we have had the "Don't say you want to kill yourself" conversation because it can have some pretty harsh consequences if said to the "wrong" person... but, if you DO feel that way it is VERY safe to come to Mom or Dad about it!!!

EmJay

When you get older? ROFL! Yep, just make it happen at the most convenient time.

I know, right?! I said "kiddo, that was pretty harsh. And while I understand you're saying this bc you are mad; you should know that NO ONE knows when their card is up. And you should be careful with your words!" and his reply was.... "mom, you're gonna live to be 200..."