Moms is the Hospital

New Leaf

My Mom has been losing weight and suffering back pain. Now she has been diagnosed with a different infection in her lungs in addition to the super infection they found a few years ago. Sigh.
She was coughing up blood, and reluctant to go to the hospital, but my sister insisted. They will keep her for a few days since the antibiotics react to her heart medications.
I am hoping that she will be able to overcome this latest health issue, but part of me wonders how much more she can withstand.
This is when the distance between us is ever so hard.
Please say a prayer for my mom.
Thank you all.
Leafy

New Leaf

Thanks so much Pasa. Trying to stay positive, prayers are so powerful and I appreciate everyone’s support!
Leafy

Jabberwockey

Yeah, coughing up blood should DEFINITELY mean go to the doctor! Hope your mom's doing better Leaf and also that you're handling it ok. Prayers.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Leafy:

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Prayers and cyber hugs are being sent your way.
:flowers:

New Leaf

Thank you all so much. Gosh I just looked at my thread title, it shows how shaken I am by this. The fear of this being the thing that may take my Mom. All I can do is wait and pray. This is when being so far away gets difficult.
I so appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
I am cognizant of the hard truth that Mom is frail and tired. She has been coughing for a long time now, always exhausted but explaining that it is post nasal drip.
It is difficult contemplating the loss of our parents. I have to remind myself that Mom has faced many health issues and surprised us with her resilience. While I hope that she is able to fend this off, that thought lingers that she may not be able to.
I am trying to prepare myself, and I am in a hope with no expectations mode. We just never know what comes around the bend.
Mahalo nui loa dear friends for your heartfelt prayers.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

toughlovin

leafy thinking of you. It is very hard to watch our parents age and decline in health. I lost my mom 14 years ago and still miss her greatly. I hope your mom pulls through this.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
While I hope that she is able to fend this off, that thought lingers that she may not be able to.
I am trying to prepare myself, and I am in a hope with no expectations mode. We just never know what comes around the bend

"We never know what comes around the bend."

We're all here with you Leafy.....you're not alone....our devotion to you, our love for you.......and our prayers for you are surrounding you as you walk this path.