Monday Morning Positive For Us All : )

HeadlightsMom

Ya know, I was reflecting on all the pain we've all felt (we parents and our difficult child's) over the years. Those are very real, soul-wrenching, body-berating pains. Can be hard to endure.

I don't know about you all, but if I know the negatives won't disappear, I seek to increase the positives at every turn (ok, not always at first, but eventually I get there! LOL!). Sometimes it feels weird at first. But I also know that if I put out positives (in deeds and words), the balance shifts back toward positives (for me, at least).

POSITIVES ARE POWERFUL OASES IN OUR DESERTS! Major tools for our toolboxes!

So, as I was contemplating that wonderful phrase, "Radical Acceptance", I got to thinking how, yeah, sure, it applies to our difficult child's and our situations. But "Radical Acceptance" also applies to US! Whatever we wrestle with, we are allowed and encouraged to accept who we are, too!

Consider this......... We have learned (and continue to learn) how to love amid the fiercest storms swirling right next to us and even inside us.

I heard a quote recently which advised, "LIVE THE WAY YOU WANT YOUR STORY TOLD." That's empowering! We have all been trampled on, but we are not small. We are strong! Even when we think we're not, we are. Our lives have been extraordinary! And we're still here to tell the tale. As Elton John sang, "I'm still standing!"

We are the towering trees which remain standing amid the hurricanes. We are rooted in love, rooted in life, rooted in strength.

I want my story to tell that I showed up for life, loved the best I could, and spoke life the best I could. This world is an exponentially beautiful miracle, overall, and so are we all (parents, difficult child's, husband's, wife's, animals and all of creation). It's really rather spectacular when we pause to take it all in!

So let's all just take a moment and "Radically Accept" ourselves!

I hope that doesn't sound hokey or trite to anyone -- that's not my intention. I've just been so moved by all of your stories, your hearts, your strengths. You inspire me and I am very grateful for that!

Ok, that's my Monday morning spiel. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled programming. :D

Origami

I want my story to tell that I showed up for life, loved the best I could, and spoke life the best I could. This world is an exponentially beautiful miracle, overall, and so are we all (parents, difficult child's, husband's, wife's, animals and all of creation). It's really rather spectacular when we pause to take it all in!
Thank you, HeadlightsMom! This is such a great way to think about things and not get bogged down by negativity.

Tired Mom

It is a good way to think about things. I don't know about everybody else but often I find myself afraid to be truly happy. It seems like everytime I let myself really think about how wonderful things are life says not so fast and knocks me down and I have to slowly get back up again.

HeadlightsMom

TM -- I hear ya. I've felt like that at times, too. When I stumble, I rise s-l-o-w-l-y, too. But these last few years I've made a point to consciously look for the good, focus on it, and loudly proclaim it. Thing is.....that good stuff was there all along. I was just in too much turmoil to see it. But the more I look for it, the more I see it -- and the faster I rise. Call it a workout for the soul.

Life is for living and, when it's all said and done, I want to celebrate all the marvelous moments I can. And if they're not there, then I'll do must best to create some new ones!

TM -- You DO rise! You DO have strength! And let's just call it for what it is.......this raising of difficult child's is HARD! We're all very strong to keep getting up. And I think we're even stronger when we make a point of celebrating the good times we do have.

Origami & too much information -- Thanks for your encouraging responses!

Scent of Cedar *

To change the sense of whacked out isolation and failure through conscious acknowledgement of our strengths and then, to take joy from that...I LOVE THIS!

Parenting difficult child kids is devastating. How right of you to have changed that picture and shown us as we really are. Strong, resourceful people moving through the day to day in freedom come of choice, and in joy.

Perception is everything.

I love this post!

Cedar

HeadlightsMom

Cedar -- Thanks! Perception is, indeed, everything. It's always a shifting, vacillating work in progress with everyone in difficult child orbits, too. :) Have a lovely day!