Money from Nigeria

Fran

Former desparate mom
Remember the old e mail about money available in Nigeria? I guess they didn't get enough to fall for it so this is the new one from the United Nations. roflmbo!

You may be wondering why this e-mail has come to you, the UNITED NATIONS and representatives of staffs have had several meetings and concluded that all the people that have been scammed via internet or other wise, every foreign contractors that may have not received their contract sum and people that have had unfinished transaction due to various national/Government laws etc. should be compensated with the sum of 500,000 U.S.D (Five hundred thousand United State Dollars) Only.

We found your email in our list and that is why we are contacting you. contact Mr.EMEFILY GODWIN of ZENITH BANK NIGERIA PLC. as he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your UNITED NATION compensation bank draft of 500,000 US Dollars which is cashable in any bank in the world

FULL NAME:- ...............
PHONE NUMBER:- ..............
YOUR OCCUPATION:- ...............
POSTAL ADDRESS ie-where you want your Bank Draft posted(P.O Box not accepted) to: .........

SEND THE ABOVE INFO TO: Mr EMEFILY GODWIN

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +234-809-709-0172

Inform us as soon as you have cashed your bank draft.
Making the world a better place.
Regards,
Mr. Ban Ki Moon
(U.N Secretary General)

klmno

LOL!

There for a second I was thinking "OMG- please don't tell me someone actually got a ton of money from this and I lost my chance".

I guess I shouldn't feel relief to learn that now there's even a bigger scam. Thanks for sharing though- some of the job ads I've responded to have turned out to be major scams, too. I've gotten emails saying in order for me to be considered, I need to give them my SS# and bank acct number. Yeah right.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
A Nigerian banker with a gmail account - who knew. If you are going to falsely represent that you are the U.N. Secretary General, at least get the spelling of the name right -there is supposed to be a dash between KI and Moon

What is sad that, even with the poor spelling and structure of sentances, there will be some silly people to whom who this makes complete sense. and who will answer their email.

Marcie

svengandhi

If I had all of the relatives in Nigeria who claim to want to leave/give me millions of dollars, I could buy and sell Donald Trump. However, I don't recall any of my Russian Jewish grandparents mentioning the Nigerian connection to me. I also don't quite buy the cousins in Yemen, Ghana, Liberia or the other places where they supposedly want to send me money.

I used to feel sorry for people that got scammed by these people, but after so many years of hearing about this, anyone who actually send them their SSN and bank info almost deserved to get ripped off. Even my 6th grader knows they're phony.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wonder what happens if you write back with and email - Goodluck Jonathan @gmail.com?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
ROFL---I've gotten two emails lately purportedly from friends who are stranded and need money sent to them. It's a total scam so be on the look out for that one, too.

Suz