Monkey, Kenzie...and bubbles!

DammitJanet

We have the girls this weekend and I decided (with the help of my friend Google) that we were going to do more than sit and stare at the TV. As it is, Kenzie will be still if you put her in front of Peppa Pig and Monkey loves nothing more than watching Youtube all day. Nope, not at my house! We shall play and be active....lol.

I whipped up a huge batch of Jello foam soap and sent them out in the yard in their bathing suits and told them to have at it....mix up all the different colors, soap up themselves, soap up the truck...have FUN!!!!

Then the lake opened up for the last weekend of the year and Papa grabbed up some very soapy girls and off they went for a swim...lol. Monkey cant wait to show Papa just how good she has become at swimming. Last year she wouldnt let go of the sides and wouldnt put her head under...this year she is cutting flips and going out past where she can touch! Big change.

Later today we are making lip balm. I have a recipe using kool aid. We are making Cherry and green apple. Yummy!

Arent I just the energetic grandma? I will pay for it tomorrow...lol.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Love, love, love that you had them outside playing with the bubbles!! Sorry you are probably paying for it today.

DammitJanet

The soap bubbles are so easy. You just take 2 tbsps of jello crystals, 2 tbps of dish soap and half a cup of water. Beat with electric beater or in your food processor. dump as many colors as you want in a plastic container. I found that green, blue and red worked best. Purple was very light. Of course,yellow didnt even show up.

You can find a ton of toddler crafts online on pinterest. Search for Kids crafts. I have recipes for cloud foam, goo, jello silly putty, no cook play dough made out of shaving cream, corn starch and toddler paint. Oh and puffy paint too.