mono-christmas trip to see matt?

Steely

As you all know I have been pretty tormented with not being able to talk to Matt more than once a week. For awhile I felt like possibly there was something not right in the program, and I was worried about his safety. Now I feel like they are not trying to hide things from me, but they were just trying to get me, the variable, out of the picture so they could focus more on Matt.

Still I have only talked to him once a week for months, and I have not seen him in 6 months - so when they approved the request for me to go see him for Christmas last Friday (uh, wayyyy last minute might I say) - I was pretty excited but very overwhelmed. They have taken our level of communication down so far, that it would be overwhelming to just dive in and spend 2 whole days, 24/7, together, in a hotel, on Christmas.

Still I would be up there in a heartbeat except for this mono that I have. I am hesitant to put my body under the stress of traveling and navigating Matt and my relationship for 2 days. Yet, I feel like I would be letting him down. It is Christmas, and maybe I just need to be tough and do it. I haven't seen him for his last 2 birthdays, thanksgiving, and christmas? Seems wrong.

I guess the other worry I would have is giving him mono, which he would then promptly give to the 12 boys he lives with. They are all 19-22, which is the prime time kids get this. And truly that is the last thing I want to run the risk of. I would feel horrible. Yet, as long as I steer clear of Matt we don't drink after each other or whatever, I am sure it would be fine.

Yes, I am conflicted. Any advice?:faint:

Lothlorien

It is very contagious and you really need the rest. Not only would you be risking Matt's health, but anyone else you came in contact with. Traveling would add extra stress to you're already tired body. I would take it easy and rest. Hopefully, you'll be able to see Matt in a few weeks....maybe over a weekend in January when you are feeling better and the holidays aren't an added stress. Send him something extra nice, like some home-baked cookies and brownies. I'm sure he'll be disappointed, as you are, but as sick as you are, he'll understand.

witzend

Perhaps they could allow it at a time when you are feeling better. It would be terrible to pass this along to anyone along the way.

klmno

I agree- I think I would let them know (including Matt) that you have mono and would love to see him, but would like to postpone it until next month.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Steeley, I've put off many mtgs & like when my body wasn't up to the trip, staffing, visit, etc.

You have to slow down & take care of yourself. I would hope that you would be allowed a Christmas phone call.

Heck, I wouldn't know what to do in a hotel room with my kids & I see them more often than you do. (Personally, I wouldn't do it.)

Take care of you. Take this time off to rest, find something to snuggle up with & read, watch tv, write a letter or 2, call someone, etc.

You don't need this trip while your body is doing it's best to heal.