monster puppy

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
My friend had me and some of the other gals from my divorce support group over for a last minute Monday night BBQ. They are all awesome (like you guys) and were not going to let me sulk or stew over difficult child I being locked away tonight. My hostess with the mostess has a new labradoodle puppy. he was not what I expected, he was gigantic! And fluffier then a sheep dog. HYPER! I have never seen a dog with so much energy. He would railroad right over you and he was into everything! LOL, I definatley want a small dog when the time comes. difficult child II was terried of him, but being a "dog lover" was trying hard to hide it.

I am blessed to have my CD friends and my "fresh start" friends

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Poodles are very energetic dogs. And mixed with a lab, I can only imagine.

I'm glad your fresh start friends helped you to relax and have a good time. You deserve it.

Hugs

TerryJ2

I'm glad your friends are there for you. Sounds like a peppy, fun time!
Yup, those dogs can be hyper! The size depends upon the breeds used for parentage, for ex. a toy poodle or a standard poodle.
Our collie finally settled down when he was 3. It's been a yr a bliss now where he is allowed full use of the house at night. I think between 3 and 9 are the best ages.

witzend

Labradoodles are supposed to be a dog that has an easy temperament and is easy to train. They come in a smaller size but are usually the size of a Standard (large) poodle. That being said, any puppy is a lot to handle, especially with a large group of new people around!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Way to go and good for you. I'm glad you had the time to meet with your support friends.

Yes, those pups, most pups, are very energetic. I am going to put out a plug for Cairn Terriers. They are not foofy and yappy barkers like some small dogs, but they will chill with you when you settle down for the evening. They love to play fetch and are incredibly smart, mostly easy to train (though think they are human a lot of the time), and are excellent watch dogs. Most of them are between 15-20 lbs, but have the heart of a big dog. They love new people and kiddos, love hiking and camping and don't drag in all the dirt that a large dog does, plus, they eat less food. So, when you're ready to get a pup, don't overlook these excellent dogs! Can you tell I love my Cairns?

Steely

Ohhh.............a LabraDoodle! I bet he was adorable.
:cool_dog:

I am so proud of you, really! You are handling all of this so much better than I would probably. You are already in a support group? You rock!

What has become of daddy dearest? Has he calmed down?

Hugs,

Lothlorien

Labs are very hyper, even when you mix them. They are large dogs, too, so small children are not good for them. I've been in homes with labs; black, yellow and chocolate and they are all very, very hard to control when they are young.