More bad news

Billiesue

When my husband and I got home tonight, my younger son had went to meet my difficult older son. Older son told him their father who has been in remission from cancer had some tests. They think the cancer may be back on his spine and not as treatable this time. He and I rarely see eye to eye, but this is terrible news. He is my problem child's father and someone he turns to. He is 51.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Billiesue
I am so very sorry to hear this tragic news. My heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time. Saying prayers for all of you.

pasajes4

Prayers being said. It does not matter that they are our ex's. I went through a similar experience with the father of my oldest. His outcome was positive. I pray for the same results for yours.

Sam3

I am so sorry. This must be so difficult.

Hopefully it will be meaningful for your sons to see just how much you care about what is important to them.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm so sorry Billiesue. Sending prayers for your family.

And, hugs for you......

You've really got so much going on now. Remember to take care of yourself through all of it.

Billiesue

Son came by today. He looked the best he has in a while. He is living with his Dad and trying to help him. The cancer is back. They have told him he has had prostate cancer and it has already spread. This is my problem child. He has moved out of trailer with his girlfriend. Hates her family, but still loves her. He feels like he needs to help his Dad. He is attending college. Wants to get a job, because Dad can't pay him. I offered him some running money. He has refused so far. Not sure what help to offer in light of his problems. Told him I am here for him. Thinking I may just stop the Dad's child support obligations for my younger son. I am just shocked. I feel so sorry for him and my sons.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
:hugs:

I am so very sorry for your sad news. You are a kind and generous person. I am pleased your son is looking good and doing better.

I am sending you a warm hug.