More Facebook Stuff

N

Nomad

I'm fairly sure I'm slow in the cabeza when it comes to Facebook protocol. Am I a nerd, ancient or what? (Don't answer that!!!!) :redface:

I'm on FB largely 'cause two of my very close friends are really "into" FB and now they hardly ever email. They post a lot..including photos.

I have many other friends on there as well. The other friends just go on now and again. Just post about major happenings....at most once a week.

I refrain from posting anything personal. I have posted some photos of major holidays and major vacations. So, we are talking perhaps a personal photo goes up twice a year. A personal comment once or twice a month.

However, I do post about three times a week. However, what I am posting are insightful quotes, funny youtube videos, pretty photos I discover.

At first, my friends were "liking" all the time and commenting. SOME even wrote on my wall how much they LOVE what I posted. So, I THOUGHT perhaps they wanted me to continue if they LOVE it.

In the past month, those "likes" have slowed down a lot...and I'd like to think (heee hee ) that the quotes and stuff are just as good as before. Perhaps it is all B.O.R.I.N.G. now.

I click "like" on many of my friend's things. Not daily....would say about 3x a week. Surely I miss a lot. Can't make a career out of this stuff. I go to FB 3-4 x a week.

I'm wondering if just like when we first go into "emails" if the newness of all of this has worn off????????

Do you click "like" on lots of stuff your friend's post about? What in the world is the criteria (OMG...I DO SOUND LIKE A NERD) to it all????

Anonymous (LOLOL!) :faint:

keista

To each his own, I say. My closest friends and family got me on FB but don't interact there very often. My closest FB friend (the one I interact with the most) I barely know in real life - she was the younger sister of a casual friend. Haven't seen her in 28 years or so.

If I like I click, if I don't I ignore. I post what I want and if ppl dont' "like" me then it's their loss, but I do feel warm and fuzzy inside when I do get lots of "likes" :)

muttmeister

It seems to me that it kinda goes in cycles. Sometimes my friends are really active and post a lot and then other times there are days with very little happening. I wouldn't worry about it.

N

Nomad

Yep, I agree...seems like cycles or something.
I just have never felt totally comfortable with FB.

trinityroyal

I have also found FB to be cyclical.

I first joined when I was home on maternity leave with the Monster-Tots. FB let me keep in touch with everyone in short bursts, since it was hard to find time to send individual e-mail msgs or talk on the phone. Now that I'm back at work, the opposite is true -- FB is blocked at work, and it's much easier to send e-mail, so I communicate that way much more than on FB.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I recently deactivated my FB account. I became bored with all the crud so many were posting, music videos and political things. I am interested in those things but not every post or everyday. My brother does nothing but post music from YouTube. My sister post nothing but political messages and my other sister posts nothing but stuff about birds. For me, I was most entertained by what my kids, nieces and nephews posted, but it was time for a break. It is definitely cyclical!

H

HaoZi

It also depends on what their feed looks like to them. You could be getting lost amongst a bunch of other posts. I know my personal one tends to fill up with game posts from other people and most stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

KTMom91

I'm one of the game players, and I tend to post random status updates (example: Miss KT's current interest in watching nick jr...blue's clues, my little pony, stuff like that), but I don't put it all out there like some people do.

I click like if I like it, if not, I ignore. While there are some rules of etiquette, I'm sure, I don't know exactly what they are.I just try to be polite to the ones sharing my little corner of cyberspace, and either block or ignore the ones who mess with my zen.

keista

It also depends on what their feed looks like to them. You could be getting lost amongst a bunch of other posts. I know my personal one tends to fill up with game posts from other people and most stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

You can 'hide' all those game posts with a few clicks. Same for those annoying daily automatic status updates.

When you mouse over a post, an X appears. Click on it and then you get a dropdown menu. Click the line Hide all from (this app) Some of my friends play EVERY game and sign up for EVERY thing. If I had to search through al that to find interesting stuff, I would have left FB a long time ago.

H

HaoZi

I know I can hide them, but it's a game that I play so I don't want them hidden. I do create groups and sometimes look at those feeds instead, but I don't always think about it.

Steely

I really LOVE facebook, simply because it has allowed me to become closer to my family and friends that are so far away. I can't say I would take the time to write them an email - but I always interact with them on facebook. However, I have strong criteria on who my friends are - they have to be truly friends - and they cannot post repeatedly stupid stuff or I just will ignore them.

Many of my friends are intensely involved in politics or causes - and most have strong opinions - so I usually click "like" if it is something I agree with or would have said myself. If I post a update I try for it to be either kinda funny, or inspirational, or educational - not a picture of what I had for dinner.:)

I guess it is all what you make of it - and it is definitely is cyclical - for sure. Right now school just got out, its summer, and I see fewer posts (except from my friends that are teachers - and they are over-posting:) )

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am a game player, too - but only one game. I block ALL the other ones. It's just too much.

I also have certain people set to come through to my cell phone as texts. My BFFs, parents, husband.

But... I don't comment on all my friends' posts. Or even "like" them all. Heck, I doubt I see them all. And I do watch what I say - and make sure husband does too. Sometimes.

Occasionally, I'll get a comment on my posts that bugs me... I delete those.