More new grandma bragging - pictures!

donna723

Hard to believe that Ethan is almost five months old now! It seems like he was just born and already he's sitting up in his little chair eating baby food, smiling and giggling all the time and playing with his toys. He's also starting to show a real temper! He's trying to turn himself over but he's a little too chunky and gets stuck halfway, then he gets mad. I won't get to see him again until Christmas but we get lots of pictures.

:D

This one was taken yesterday and it's a good example of what his daddy refers to as his "Einstein hair". He's lost all his dark hair on the back and sides and just has these big long 'thatches' on the top of his head that stick straight up no matter how they try to stick them down! But the new hair that's coming in is blond. In this one, you can see that he has the very beginnings of a cleft chin like his dad's.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/donna723/Ethan/?action=view&current=_DSC1124.jpg

This one was taken about a month ago and is one of my favorite pictures of him. Makes me just want to snatch hm up and squeeze him! He had just discovered that he had toes and was playing with them constantly. I'm having this one done as an 8x10 colored pencil sketch by a portrait artist as a surprise for them for Christmas.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/donna723/Ethan/?action=view&current=_DSC1089-1.jpg

And this is him sitting up in his chair one of the first times eating his lunch about a month ago. The "Einstein hair" was just starting to kick in here. He tries out one new food each week and so far his favorite is ... strained peas! :sick: She said he just loves them, even more than fruit! Weird kid!

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/donna723/Ethan/?action=view&current=_DSC1112.jpg

mstang67chic

Going Green
Oh what a gorgeous little guy!!! LOVE the hair!

My niece is 6 months old now and is also eating in her high chair. She had peas for the first time last weekend and wasn't all that impressed. LOL Her favorites are squash and carrots. Then again, I don't think my sister has given her any fruit yet.....she says she doesn't want my niece to not eat her veggies. LOL My step mom and I however are dying for sis to start buying fruit. Particularly Hawaiian Delight and Dutch Apple Desert.....so WE can eat them! LOL

The sketch sounds like a wonderful idea! You'll have to post a picture when it's done!

DDD

Not only is he one handsome dude...he really looks so intelligent. Those eyes appear to be honing in on everything and ready to learn more. You have every right to be proud. You've got a winner, Donna. DDD

donna723

Thank you!

DDD, I always thought that too! Even when he was a tiny newborn, he would stare so intently, it was like there was a very old soul looking up at you through those eyes!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay I told you this before but THAT - is a magazine baby -

ABSOLUTELY the cutest kid with the squishiest smile........

He really should model......he's got the LOOK!

You're a lucky grandma!

donna723

I really think that there is a great scheme behind the whole 'baby raising' thing. They are soooo intensely demanding and soooo 24/7 as newborns, and there really isn't much positive feedback for those first few months. They eat, they sleep, and you bathe and change them and that's about it. And then just when you are stumbling around like a sleep-deprived zombie and think you will keel over from exhaustion, they come out with that first little smile and start responding to you ... then they start being fun! I think that's the stage Ethan is in now. Allison said that the first time he really giggled, she cried!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Donna, I love how they combed his hair like he is a little man. He's just too cute for words.

STB Mimi Suz :)