More Snow!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The new storm has hit. It is snowing like crazy outside....on top of the foot or more that was still on the ground and hadn't had a chance to melt.

At the moment they're saying about 9 inches. But they keep changing it and it keeps going up. Snow for tues too, but they aren't saying how much, but on tues the winds are supposed to kick up so we can probably count on it drifting.

Doesn't look like there will be school tomorrow. I look at it as an opportunity to do notes and catch up with those back chapters of pharm I had issues with.

So who all is supposed to get it this time??:tongue:

maril

Sorry to hear that, Daisylover! At least you have a plan.

I'm east of you (in PA), so guess it may be coming our way; anyway, earlier this morning, husband told me 4-8 is predicted here. On the news last night, heard there are still hundreds in the area without power (poor souls) - just can't get a break.

Our kids haven't been in school since Friday the fifth due to effects from the storms plus a couple of days in-service. I'm chomping at the bit for difficult child to get back to school - WAY too much free time on his hands; it's been a fun week+.

Good luck to you and anyone else affected.

Last edited:

donna723

Drive careful if you have to be out in it, Lisa! If we got that much snow here, I just couldn't function! I'd be curled up in a ball on my sofa, waiting for spring!

I think we've had more snow this year than in the last five combined, and now it's snowing again! It doesn't look like much, probably no more than an inch. But it rained first, then the temperature dropped and it turned to snow ... but under that little bit of snow on the road is a solid sheet of ice from the freezing rain! Luckily I'm off today for the holiday, but tomorrow is 'iffy'. I'm the biggest chicken***t in the world about driving on snow and ice and the morning news went on and on about dozen of wrecks on the interstate.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know what?

That flippin' Groundhog is a big old fat, fatty, fur, furry LIAR.

Punksatawney LIAR.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We're getting the same Heather. Doesn't look like we'll be having school tomorrow. Good thing as both our cars are buried right now. lol Our alley (access to the street) has a foot of snow sitting in it. No way is husband going to shovel it, me neither. And the plows won't bother until all the highways and such are clear. Although they're supposed to because we have the mentally disabled home across the alley and if it's not plowed the lady that cares for them can't get to them.

Gobs and gobs of snow out there an it's still coming down really hard.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
lol Star I thought you knew........the ground hog was playin' a joke on everyone......and he got the last laugh. lol

Did you get your snow and get to play in it??

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I heard Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia were going to get most of the snow...... looks like kids will be going to school in July........ stay safe!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy.....

We never came IN from the snow. At my house The DA Ranch? We got 8.5 inches of the most glorious, wondrous, beautiful, lovely, fantastical, freezing, silent making, neighbor-enjoying, covering up all the ugly snow you could ever imagine. It's a record snowfall for Columbia. I took gobs of pictures and just like the little avatars here.....I played and made a snow angel....and tried to make a snow man, but the pit bull mistook it for a person in the near dark and attacked it....killed it and destroyed it. Other than that? The only one that really did not like it at all? Was the cat. When we caught her "eyeing" the wood pile in the house? We grabbed the coal shovel and cleared her a path.....

It was phenominal. I told everyone when I asked for snow from THIS BOARD?? WOW.....The power of this board came through! ;)

flutterby

Fly away!
School is already closed tomorrow. They're calling for another couple inches tomorrow and another storm Saturday into Sunday.

If my mom makes it to Chantilly, VA this weekend, she may not be able to make it home.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sigh.

We've gotten about 6 inches, probably more, today.

I stuck a yardstick out on the deck... We had about 14, then it melted down to 8, back to 14 now. This isn't the highest spot, just the most convenient for me... I don't like snow.

Paid the neighbor kid to shovel our driveway so I didn't have to. husband chopping wood for the furnace... Jett stacking... And Onyxx sleeping off a "bug". (in my opinion, she just stayed up too late. Jett said she was up when he got up at 8:30.)

Got a text message from work saying only essential personnel were to report. However, it's a federal holiday - so only essential personnel were there to begin with! LOL. Hope they close tomorrow. HATE hate hate driving in this stuff.

Can't get up my street, either, unless it's either not plowed at all or plowed really well. Traction on a 20-degree hill.

Sigh.

smallworld

The Difficult Child metro area is expecting 1 to 3 inches, and guess what? Our SD already called a two-hour delay. My kids haven't been to school since February 5 . . .

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
School canceled tomorrow in Harford County. easy child has had no school for over 10 days. She's starting to look like a difficult child!

smallworld

3S, my condolences. Is it really that bad out there? Honestly, it's not that bad here from the current storm. It's just that Difficult Child can't seem to recover from the past two storms, and the traffic is horrendous from the narrowed ill-plowed streets.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We're doing the two inches a day thing up here (Abbey is getting lake snow). No big deal up here. A foot of snow doesn't flap us much and we very rarely close schools for weather reasons.

Only downside is that it's windy and the 5 or so inches of snow we've gotten so far is drifting like crazy.

On the upside, temps are warm for us. 20's during the day and single digits at night. The wind can be vicious though.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow sw and 3s!! You're kids have got to have a major case of cabin fever!! Reminds me of the winter of ........oh heck I dunno, I was in the 4th grade. lol We were out of school for 3 weeks straight. Storm after storm after storm........then as I recall we got to go back for a few days and wham we started to get hit with them again. That was one spring everyone was thrilled to see!

I'm so glad you got your snow Star and got to have fun in it. :D :D

sister in law said the roads are treacherous at best, downright deadly in spots. But he had no choice but to go to work since he works for the airline and they'll need him tonight. And for sister in law to say that.........a normal person most likely wouldn't be able to drive on them.

I'm POed. Nichole was called from work and told if she calls off due to weather she risks getting fired. So now she has to risk attempting driving to work in all this snow with the blowing and drifting in the dark at 6am on the highway!! grrr Idiots. They make candles for pete's sake!!

easy child has no choice but to go to work. She is expected to show up regardless of weather conditions. She was so afraid of getting stuck taking the kids to the sitters at 5am (sitter lives waaaay out in the middle of no man's land - I imagine her country roads are completely impassible) she asked me to watch the boys tomorrow. This of course is going to depend on if she can make it out of her driveway in the morning. lol Her street does NOT get plowed as it's a private lane. ugh! And then she's got to drive 20 miles on a highway that is known for how bad snow drifts on it even in gentle wind.

So I have 2 kids to worry about tomorrow.

As far as I know it's still snowing. My car tires are buried. Minnie and Underfoot are hunkered down in the dog house on the porch. husband gave them extra food rations tonight. Rowdy won't even stick his nose out of the dog house, so husband placed his food dish inside it.

And Betsy! OMG could've killed her right at sunset. She'd been out to potty. husband lost his grip on her collar bringing her inside and off she ran! Her legs are like 4-6 inches long folks.......she looked like a seal going thru the snow. But I was so mad at her. I refuse to chase a dog that runs off......and this was the worst weather for her to chose to do it in.

Stupid silly dog. Bounded (literally) into the front yard, tail a wagging. She had to romp all over the yard before she'd come to me who was calling her from the front door. By the time she came in she was white instead of black. Worse than a kid!!!

As for me.....of course there is no school tomorrow. I'm making a big batch of beef stew in the crock pot and playing with Darrin and Brandon. I'll study when Brandon takes his naps.

Stay safe everyone!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
They actually closed work today. This is amazing! Spent the day cleaning. Even Onyxx and jett helped out. husband hurt himself - I've never seen him white and green at the same time - so I let him off the hook.

We got at least 8 inches. They did actually plow our road which is good... Dog is out of food!