More stress!

crazymama30

So I thought I was going to handle these things ok, but they really set me off. Anxiety to the max.

I made calls to 2 potential new psychiatrists for difficult child as the current one will be leaving within a year. After I made the first call I was so anxious I was sick to my stomach and shaking. took my anxiety medication, I have not had to do that in months. We have been with this psychiatrist for 3 or 4 years, and I really am not looking forward to changing but feel I will make a better choice if I do it now rather than wait for the last minute.

I am also getting ready to apply to the nursing program here for the third time. I have been working on my short answer questions and about have them done. I took them up to the college and had a writing tutor look over them for the 2nd time. Before I did that I have had countless people look at them, a manager whom I am friends with at work, and organization that gave me a scholarship (that I had to turn down last year as I did not get in the program:() to name a few.

My grandfather's health is declining, and I helped my mom set up in home care for him. It overwhelms her, and I am very familiar with how that works so I am very involved in his care. They have both supported me so much, that I just cannot not help them. He is on hospice, and who knows how long he has left. He is like a father to me as my father is a waste of air. This is all of a sudden hitting me.

We are tweaking difficult child's medications, and things are much better but may need more adjustment. I hate medication changes.

Of course I saw my therapist today before all this, and it was not a big deal then. Now? Yeah, a big big deal. After I got back from the writing tutor I took another anxiety medication. My heart is pounding and my thoughts are racing.

Please, God, don't give me anything else for a while.

crazymama30

thank you witz. As soon as I posted that I had to run over to grandpops as he was anxious and woozy. Gave him a nebulizer treatment, had him put on his pj's and gave him bedtime pills and tucked him in. It just never stops. At least I had time to go do my short answer questions.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So much for your weekend away helping recharge your batteries! Yikes -- I'm so sorry things have built up to this level for you. That's a lot to be focused on.

I hope your search for the new psychiatrist goes well -- who knows, you may find someone who is ever BETTER than the one you have. We can always hope!

You've doing the best you can with the nursing program. That's really all you need to remember. The rest is out of your hands. Just keep telling yourself that. Did I do my best? Yes. Great, now what's for lunch? I know that's easier said than done, but it will help your anxiety if you can learn to let some of this stuff go. Maybe just set aside one time during the day to think about everything that worries you. "The Worry Hour." Get a "Worry Book" and use it during this time. Each day, write down your concerns, fears, etc. Practice some deep breathing and relaxation after you write them down. Then close the book, put them out of your mind, and move on with your day. It may take some training, but it can really help with keeping those anxieties at bay.

I hope things get simpler for you soon.

(((Hugs)))

crazymama30

I really vented to a friend on face book on Thursday, and last night a friend here in town won tickets to see the goo goo dolls. We went to part of the concert, and then left as she was cold (it was an outdoor concert) which I did not mind. then we went out and played pool. She was drinking, I was not, and she was hillarious. However, really really tipsy people on crutches require babysitting. We had a really good time. I think sometimes it just all hits me at once.

TerryJ2

I hear you! {{hugs}}

Do you go for walks or swim or work out? That helps me when I get shaky with-too much adrenaline. All stressed out with-no place to go and all that.

I hate not having my own life. I know exactly how you feel.

Why are all of us on this board so ultra-RESPONSIBLE?