More work anxiety. I need help!

Californiablonde

This is finals week, and the official last day of school is on Thursday. I work most of next week, then my vacation starts next Friday, July 1st. Break hasn't even started, and I am already SEVERELY stressing out about next year. I thought (and I could be wrong) that I heard my supervisor telling another coworker she won't be here next year. I know she has been looking for a better paying job for quite some time now, so she may have found one.

You all know that my supervisor has been rather mean and nasty a few times in the past, but most of the time she treats me decent. My boss, the assistant principal of the school, has been trying to convince her to give me ALL the phone calls from day one, saying I am the assistant, therefore I should do most of the work. My supervisor has been being nice to me all year, taking on half the calls because she knows how badly I stress at picking up the phone and calling a bunch of people. But my boss has still been persistent on trying to convince her to make me do all the calling.

Well it's been extremely nice of my supervisor to tell my boss "thanks, but no thanks, I will continue to call half the school." She hates making all the calls almost as much as I do, and she has been sacrificing for me because her husband also has an panic disorder and she knows how bad it can get. Now that she won't be here anymore, there will be a new supervisor next year. I am seriously freaking out!

I am almost 100 percent sure my boss will convince this new person to make me do all the calling. I am already stressing and having major panic attacks calling all the people I do now. I can't imagine doubling my work load. That would mean I would be making approximately 100 to 200 phone calls a day! I can't do it. I am seriously afraid I am going to have a mental breakdown and walk out of my job unannounced, like I did at my previous job ten years ago because I was on the phone constantly. Of course I am single parent, and I can't afford to just walk out on my job.

I know I am going to be stressing about this all darned summer, and I won't be able to relax one bit! What's worse is the new medication my doctor wanted to put me on for my anxiety isn't covered by my new insurance. I have no idea what to try next, because I have tried all of them. They either have horrendous side effects, or they don't work at all whatsoever. Oh and my therapist? So far the last two times I have seen her she has been non helpful. Every time I try and talk about work, she changes the subject. Right now work is the one single solitary thing that is really making me anxious and severely stressed out. I can't enjoy my weekends or vacations anymore. Help!

Californiablonde

I am seeing my doctor next week and I will ask him for another referral. I don't like females. I have had very, very bad luck with female therapists in the past. I really wanted a male, but my doctor insisted this one would be great for my sort of problems. On to the next, and hopefully I will find somebody more competent than the help I have had in the past.

InsaneCdn

Sometimes it isn't even a matter of "competence". It's a matter of "fit". it has to work for YOU. I have known some who were fantastic... but not for me. I would even recommend them for others, but they couldn't relate to me and my situation.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I do better with females. I've had too many male psychiatrists and therapists who were condescending and in my opinion sexist.

Californiablonde

I do better with females. I've had too many male psychiatrists and therapists who were condescending and in my opinion sexist.
The females I saw were jealous and treated me badly because of it. I hate female competition. I don't do well with females, period. They can get much more mean and petty than most males can.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I usually get along better with males than with females, with the exception of medical stuff. I've also learned over the years how to be extremely assertive when it comes to standing up for myself with any gender.

I'm polite, but the individual in question leaves with no doubts as to my needs and where I stand.

You've got to learn how to do that as well CB.

BusynMember

Therapy helped me with assertion as well. I practiced until it became normal. Until then I'd sound either aggressive or timid. Assertion is an art and very helpful especially in situations where others want to laud power over you. If we don't speak up respectfully but firmly...who will?

by the way, I don't know which gender I relate to better, but with therapy, I don't think men understand how women think. Of course that's just me.