Mornin' on Monday

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :coffee:

I'm getting ready to hop in the shower. I'll be taking Duckie to art camp this morning. She seemed a little apprehensive when I first signed her up but is more excited now. I'll be doing some house work and errands and just trying to take it easy after dealing with a most difficult child-like daughter all weekend.

Have a great day! :salute:

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! It's the last week of of camp for difficult child 2. I am looking forward to the
weeks before school starts in August when I can sleep late.

TM- Hope Duckie enjoys art camp!

Hope everyone has a GREAT PEACEFUL day! Hugs Rabbit

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

TM, art camp sounds like fun, I hope Duckie enjoys it.

I took easy child 2/difficult child 2 to the doctor this morning, to get a referral to the psychologist. Trouble was, the paperwork takes longer than we anticipated so we had to cancel the psychologist for today. Referral won't be ready until it's processed by the government. easy child 2/difficult child 2 is to collect it on Thursday. Her next appointment will be a week later. I'll take her then.

I went back to easy child 2/difficult child 2's place and helped her with some paperwork, job applications and other emails. Home from there, then down to mother in law's for dinner. It's cold and wet tonight, snowing to the west of Sydney. Very windy here, the wind coming off the snow.

Tomorrow difficult child 3 & I are heading in to the school (a meeting to discuss his special needs plus try to sort out problems with one department and that accusation that I've been doing difficult child 3's work for him. I set up this meeting specifically to sort things out with one particular teacher, but last Friday she emailed to say she wouldn't be at the meeting after all. So I asked for the Head Teacher of that subject to be there instead. One way or another, it WILL be resolved!

After the school, difficult child 3 sees the therapist, then on the way home we collect his new glasses. Then on to drama class. Tuesdays are often busy, but this one will be busier than usual.

Our cold wintry weather is continuing tomorrow. I can hear the wind howling outside as I type this. Yuk!

Enjoy your Monday. Value your summer while you have it. I want a turn!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!

:coffee: A little too late last night and a little too much wine!!!

TM, I'm sure Duckie will love art camp - she appears to be a creative little girl. Enjoy the quiet time. I do enjoy the quiet after a busy weekend and getting things in order.

Rabbit, I enjoy the summer schedule so much. Now I'm not a big sleeper-in, but it's nice to wake up and not have to run, run, run. It's also nice to stay up a little later in the evenings!

Wonderful evening last night! The weather was so nice. We played cards before dinner. Everyone loved the new turkey burger recipe (ground turkey, scallions, ginger, garlic, cilantro, crushed whole grain cereal or crackers, and soy sauce) - really moist and full of flavor! You knowhow turkey can be dry or a tad bland. I'm always a tad hesitant about trying something new for company, but how can you go wrong with scallion, ginger and garlic!:morecrackers: After dinner easy child and her boyfriend taught us to play Apples to Apples!

easy child and I are making a Trader Joe's and BJ's run later this morning. She begins a four day babysitting job for one of her old high school teachers this afternoon. They are downtown at a hotel for a conference and she will be going this afternoon for four hours when they register, etc., and then the next three days from 8 to 4. An 8 year old boy, a 7 year old boy, and twin girls who are a year! Fortunately, they are paying her well. She took off her other job for four days to do this one. Not sure what difficult child and I will get into this afternoon.....

Have a great Monday :peaceful:

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

TM, difficult child loved arts camp - they had various art projects to explore and the second week they enjoyed musical arts *she did African drumming, very cool.

Rabbit, I wish I could sleep late. Sleeping late these days is to 7AM - because of our dogs! lol

Marg, I am so enjoying our warm weather that I shudder to think of the seasons that are sneaking up on us. I don't mind the Fall so much, in fact, I enjoy crispness. But the winter, ew. Yuck, boo hiss! Summer all the way for this gal! Good luck speaking with the higher ups at the meeting - I love your resolve to resolve the matter, heh heh.

Sharon, your Sunday evening sounds so wonderful and relaxing. I played around with making vegetarian burgers once - ugh, the recipe was awful. I do use ground turkey to make chili and sometimes meatballs. It's a decent substitute for ground beef!

difficult child has THREE interviews this week - please send up some positive juju. The kid needs a JOB asap.

Didn't hear from easy child all weekend - she is enjoying her newfound independence....and I am enjoying less strife, less mess, and less groceries....it's been nice, really. I kinda sorta miss her a very teeny tiny bit, but not so much - Hahahaha!

Last night, H and I rotisseried a whole chicken on our grill - it was delish! difficult child, H and I inhaled it - lol!

It's a work day then later I take difficult child to the dental surgeon for her check up. I hope they tell us that the dry socket is better.

Have a good one~

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-I hope Duckie has fun and you get some well deserved rest!

Rabbit-Sleeping in late sounds awesome!

Marg-Sorry it's so cold where you are. It seems to me that the teacher is trying to avoid meeting with you-frustrating! by the way, my nephew loved his time in Australia from the little he posted on facebook and is in New Zealand now! I don't know much of what he's done but I know he went to the world's largest movie screen and the Sydney Opera House.

Sharon-Your dinner and cards sound like fun! Apples to Apples is a fun game too! easy child will be very busy with the babysitting!

Jo-Your dinner sounds delicious! Fingers crossed for a job for difficult child!

Boot camp this morning was quite the workout! Getting difficult child off to camp was a different type of workout but he is there!

Now for a nap and then I'm not sure what the day holds-it's very cloudy and I would have liked to have gone to the pool.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: