Mother’s Day?

JMom

We get so beaten down by our situations we forget to breathe. Right now is that time for you. You are HELPING your daughter by being strong. By having limits. By giving her the opportunity and the space to step up to help herself. I believe this with all of my heart.. N
I agree New Leaf-you have done her a great service by allowing space for her to do the right thing herself! This is 100% preventable....for HER..
Love, JMOM

New Leaf

I agree New Leaf-you have done her a great service by allowing space for her to do the right thing herself! This is 100% preventable....for HER..
Love, JMOM
Thank you so much JMOM. I go through bouts of doubt and regret at times, wondering if I had just given her that chance. I know realistically that it would have been a disaster to have her in my home. We have tried that too many, many times. She does have the opportunity to step up, but is off the radar still.
My heart aches for both of my wayward daughters. I wish things were different, but the lure of meth and living on the streets trumps all. It’s such a waste of life. I pray that one day they will choose to find their true potential.
Thank you so much for your kindness.
New Leaf

Wish

I don't know if you remember me, I haven't written on here in about 3 years and I once in a blue come to read and I always find myself looking for a post from you and I was so happy to see tonight that you provided us an update 3 months ago and I am also glad I didn't see it until tonight because I would have been on the edge of my seat impatiently waiting every day to see if the baby was going to Hoku! I am glad I got to find that all out tonight in one read. I literally SCREAMED on the inside with JOY when I read baby is safe with Hoku! Yessss! Oh Leafy, I love you and your family, the way you write and the advice you give to others like myself who needed help. You are literally amazing all the way around. Take a step back and be proud of yourself and all your children including Rain and Tornado, there is beauty in their tragic story and the story isn't over yet! I have faith, they will come around.......

My uncle who was a very serious ill heroin addict living on the streets for many years finally overcame his addiction and took care of my grandparents every need for the last 20 years! They (and we) never thought we would see the day that he would turn his life around. Trust me, there is so much that can change for the better that you can't even see it and it's BECAUSE my grandparents were very hard on his ass when he was on drugs! They wouldn't help him with a damn thing when he was active in his addiction all those years! They would give him no money. No place to stay. Nada. Now early in his addiction they did try to help like most parents would, but you only get one chance, maybe two if your lucky with my grandparents.

They had no qualms about cutting their children off like we do! So please know the boundaries you are setting now will help your relationship with your daughters in the future! My *grandparents* didn't get to see their son clean of drugs until their late 60's and have had the best relationship with him up until their 90's. He literally takes care of every single thing for them. When they say jump, he says how high! I know this isn't an ideal situation but things can change! My grandparents NEVER thought they would see the day he would be clean because he was a maniac with heroin, we don't know how he didn't die he overdosed so many times. His hepatitis C was even cured when he got clean because of that drug , and I can't spell it, but it's called 'interfuron'. Anyway, I am not trying to romanticize this whole thing in any way but I seen miracles happen! I hear you when you say hope is a dangerous thing, that really hit home for me when you wrote that, so don't hope for it, just know it's a possibility. Keep your boundaries firm! You're doing great! All my love to you and yours!

P.S. Sorry that my writing is a mess and I tried to put paragraph breaks in there so its easier to read but I am certain the paragraph breaks aren't placed correctly! So I apologize in advance!

Last edited:

Wish

Oh and one last important thing I must exclaim that is obvious but I must scream it anyway, Hoku is a HERO! Love her! She touched my heart so much and I don't even know her! I wish this sweet baby boy and Hoku nothing but the absolute best!