mother in law has passed

mstang67chic

Going Green
The hospital called a bit ago and mother in law has passed on her own without husband making the decision to "pull the plug". This is honestly what he was hoping for so he wouldn't have to actually tell them to turn things off. He seems to be holding up pretty well in comparison to how he's been the last few days. He's making calls and getting things taken care of as we'll be taking her "home" to Kentucky for services and burial. I don't have the details yet for services but as soon as I do, I'll let someone know so you guys don't yell at me.:tongue:

Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers and good wishes. I anticipate we'll be either busy, gone or both for the rest of the week. Without having specific details yet, I'm guessing we won't be home till Sunday. But like I said, as soon as I have the information of the service, I'll let someone know.

tiredmommy

{{{Hugs}}} Sometimes a loved one waits until their child takes a break from their side to pass. I think they hold on so that child doesn't have to go through being there at the time of death and it's a final act of love. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm sorry for the loss, but glad that husband did not have to make that final decision that was so hard for him to contemplate. It's OK to feel a sense of relief. I hope he doesn't tear himself up over not being there when she passed.

klmno

I'm sorry for your loss. I agree that it's best she didn't suffer any longer and your husband didn't have to make that difficult decision. Still, it's never easy and I'm sure it's a hard thing to deal with- for all of you. I hope you have a safe and peaceful trip-

crazymama30

I am sorry for your loss, but glad that husband did not have to make the decision to pull the plug---that would have been so hard.

trinityroyal

I am so very sorry for your loss. I too am glad that your husband didn't have to make the final decision. Sending many gentle hugs.
Trinity