mother in law just called and scolded me

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
for not inviting her to difficult child 1's wedding.
difficult child was home for 2 weeks. She drove in my driveway more than once while he was home alone before he got married, messing around in the yard, and didn't bother to stop and speak to him, so I did not feel compelled to tell her about it.
And she calls yelling at me... Whatever.
Talk to the hand....

(I may have just won the worst daughter-in-law-of-the-year award.... YEAH ME!)

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
too bad you can't throw a bucket of water on someone through the phone

"I'm melting, melting..................."

witzend

Why is she yelling at you? Aren't you already married? Her beef is with difficult child for crying out loud! Gotta pick on the one that you think is going to be the most upset by it, I guess.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, she really needs to take that up with difficult child! If he's old enough to get married, he's old enough to decide whom to invite -- duh!

Does this woman wear a bib? 'Cuz I imagine she must need one if she expects everyone to spoon feed her all the time!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She should wear a bib. lol

difficult child would be my first pick of people to be angry with. But aclose second would be husband, whom she speaks to multiple times a day. HE was fully aware this all took place! (Heck, HE wa invited!) Has he been scolded??? Oh, no!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband as in YOUR husband? HER SON?! He didn't say anything? Wow. Sounds like his family dysfunction is right up there with my husband's!

meowbunny

So, did you remind her that YOU don't send out the invites, the bride and groom do? Not your problem. Not your responsibility.

Andy

"Sorry, How am I suppose to know? My guess would be difficult child found out that after you were invited to my wedding you thought it gave you free reign to our property/belongings so he decided not to go there? He doesn't want anyone helping themselves to his things? Just a guess, ask him."

Marguerite

MB, you said, "So, did you remind her that YOU don't send out the invites, the bride and groom do? Not your problem. Not your responsibility."

Actually, the responsibility is even further away than that, traditionally. It's up to the bride's parents, traditionally. Although these days it's the bride and groom who have most say in who gets to come to the wedding. We're currently sending out invitations to difficult child 1's & girlfriend's wedding, and because both families are big, we're not getting to ask everyone we'd like to. We are restricted considerably by numbers.

My nephew's second wedding was very small (his first one was an extravaganza). We weren't even told about it until afterwards. The only guests were both sets of parents, and siblings. Possibly even fewer than that.

It really is not YOUR problems at all, it was stupid, childish, petulant and pointless for her to dump it all on you. As if you could even have a say in it! I mean, could you have said to GGG, "For pete's sake, don't invite your grandmother, I don't like her," and have him say, "Sure, I WAS going to invite her but I will do whatever you say."

Not likely. Grrr. Stupid woman... she sounds as thick as a brick.

Marg

nvts

Perfect response?

"I guess difficult child decided that he didn't want to give you the pleasure of crapping on him on his wedding day like you have everyday since you met him."

Beth

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Just read this and guess I would have replied (with a straight face) thought you were invited and chose NOT to attend.........but feel free to send them a wedding gift......gotta run.......

Star*

call 911........call 911
On the front of the card it has a skull and cross bones........

Inside verse:

Everytime you open your mouth

You die a little more

By all means

Please keep talking to me