mother in law update...she's turned the corner

trinityroyal

I never cease to be amazed at the power of this board.

husband just got back from mother in law's house. He took her to some medical appointments, and spent a few hours talking with her AND with her doctors. The chemo seems to be keeping the cancer in check for now.The doctor is pleased with her progress, white cell count is steady. AND even better, she seems to be less depressed, more willing to start taking on the tasks of everyday life, well as much as she can...

I guess this is the good side of hypomania. difficult child is just about as amped as I've ever seen him. His eyes literally whirl around in his head, and he's just bursting with positivity. I guess it's just darn near impossible to stay depressed with the Happy difficult child onslaught coming at you day after day.

Thank you so much everyone for your good thoughts and prayers. I know this has just bought her some more time and the end is still not too far away, but every day we have her with us is another wonderful day.

Love you all.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well that energy is good for something afterall! :D So glad to hear she's doing better. It's a step in the right direction!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Trinity, that's just terrific. I hope she continues to proceed pain-free.

Hugs,
Suz