mother of 7 - prayer request

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I was at my divorce support group 2night at my church and my leader requested prayer for an "un-named woman" in our church who has 7 kids and her husband abuses the Heck out of her. No one knew who she is, accept I do, she had gone on the kids winter retreat with 3 of her kids, and she was in my cabin. She had seemed very forlorn and exhausted, but I chalked it up to the fact that she has 7 kids ranging from 17 -1. But at one point her daughter (11) was begging her to wake up at 3 in the afternoon to play on the slopes with her and her brothers. The poor kid was crying while her Mom slept right through her pleading. "My Mom always sleeps, that's all she does is sleep" it weighed so heavy on my heart, and now knowing this added news. My leader said if this woman does not leave her husband, he WILL kill her, how horrible!

So I am asking my board sisters to hold this woman and her kids up in prayer with me, her name is Sharon and her sweet daughter's name is Ashley.

Thank you, it is a humbling reminder to me that someone always has it worse.

i a n a v (I am not a victim)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Goodness. Poor woman, hard to tell if it's utter exhaustion or the fact that she was somewhere safe she could actually dare to sleep. Probably a combination of both. :( I hope someone slips her a pamphlet for the nearest domestic violence shelter.

I'll keep her in my prayers. But I hope pastor or someone has told her that God helps those who help themselves.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
actually my leader, God Bless her, had a meeting earlier today with all 4 of our church's male Pastors, and basically spelled it out for them, intervene now or know when you're holding the funeral service a few months from now, that you knew and did nothing.