Mother's Day Idea

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
During a rare time when I was watching tv there was a commercial that was for a digital picture frame. According to the add, internet is not required, which would be great for older non computer savvy folks like my mom. All you have to do, as far as the ad says, is you take a photo and send it to the frame......it loads and grandma/grandpa can see it and display it. You can do it over and over with new pics too.

Talked to Travis about it and he found this:

http://www.ceiva.com/

I'd like to get my mom one. It's perfect for her because pics she loves.......pics of grandkids she loves more. But while she has the laptop, she pretty much can only play solitaire on it. This is not supposed to be hard to set up. But it's the set up that worries me. I'm not sure if she has someone who can set it up properly. Bro might do it for her though. She'd love it cuz the girls could send her new pics of the kids all the time. :)

A bit pricey, but wouldn't be too bad split several ways.

keista

And then the monthly service fee. Other than that it's REALLY is a cool idea.

Looks like you can set it up and then send it to her. Then someone just needs to make sure it's get connected to the internet.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Lisa, I will check with SO to see what he did with the digital photo frames we picked up at storage - I think he had 7 of them - we gave Mom one for Xmas - its not connected to the internet though - you have to load the photos - we took all of her childhood/wedding photos/grandkids and loaded them for her- it plays music while the pictures are showing, and also has a calandar. If he still has them will send you one if you want-I think all that was missing was the adapter but you can get them at Radio Shack-just PM me.

Marcie

L

Liahona

We gave a digital photo frame to husband's grandmother a few years ago. We put the pics on a card that she just had to plug in to the frame. Then she had to plug in the cord to the outlet. Very simple and she liked it.

DammitJanet

I was going to say...the ones I have seen just use a sd card..or micro sd card. The idea of paying a monthly fee would turn me off. Just get her one like Marcie is talking about and then put more pics on a new sd card and send her that new sd card. You would not believe how many pictures you can put on a sd card. If you start out with an 16 gig, the kids will be married before you fill it up.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yeah.........I'm thinking long and hard on that additional fee, the more I'm thinking.....the more I'm not liking. Guess we'll be shopping around for normal ones. I'd be tickled if we could combine it as a mother's day birthday gift. Not because I'm stingy, but because she's so darn hard to buy for.

keista

Mother's day could be the frame with just a few pics, and the B-day gift can be like a whole family history of pics - including old pics that were scanned.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yeah.........I'm thinking long and hard on that additional fee, the more I'm thinking.....the more I'm not liking. Guess we'll be shopping around for normal ones. I'd be tickled if we could combine it as a mother's day birthday gift. Not because I'm stingy, but because she's so darn hard to buy for.

On the normal ones, you could always save new pics to a thumb drive and she can change it out every once in a while. We bought one for H and picked up an extra thumb drive so he could change things up once in a while. Has he every used it? Nope. We buy him things he wants and after the initial play with it time, he puts it back into the box and there it sits forever. Sigh.

Kohls has them and they're usually on sale.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Yeah Star, some day you will see our house and my sweet SO on Hoarders - Buried Alive ROFLMBO. He told he still has the 7 of them in OUR storage-there are no instructions, but SO and Jamie figured it out so it must not be hard. He hates to throw good stuff away and would rather give it away which is why he has list upon list of stuff friends are looking for and our living room/dining room...mmm mmmm mmmm. I asked him to save the next dictionary he came across so I could show him what the words Vintage and Collectibles actually mean because our shop is in an ANTIQUE mall and newer stuff just sits there gathering dust sigh...