Mothers Day plans?

Californiablonde

This Mother's day will be quiet and hopefully enjoyable. My mom promised difficult child that if she kept up her end of the bargain and went to school, she could skip her dad's for the weekend and stay with her instead. difficult child kept up her end, so easy child will be off to his dad's and she will be staying here. On Sunday I am taking my mom and difficult child out to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. I am looking forward to spending some girl time with my mom and daughter. So what is everybody else doing for Mother's day?

Californiablonde

Nevermind. The kids' dad cancelled on me so now I will have both kids. Leave it to him to do this to me a couple hours before we are supposed to meet. Hopefully I will still have a nice, quiet Mother's Day.

JKF

We're not doing much. difficult child is across country so I won't see him and easy child is going to a sleepover at his step-mom's tomorrow and won't be home until dinner time on Sunday. My husband is taking me out to breakfast Sunday morn and then we're going to work outside in the yard since it's supposed to be beautiful out. husband and easy child will cook dinner for me Sunday evening and we'll call it a day. Mother's Day is always hard for me due to difficult child's issues and also bc my mom passed away around that time. Monday will mark 9 years since she died. Not trying to be a downer but it is what it is.

Anyway - Happy Mother's Day fellow warrior moms! Enjoy your day! I truly hope it's a nice peaceful day for all of you! Xoxoxo

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

muttmeister

I invited difficult child 1 to come and see me but his vehicle needs work so he can't come - not that I expected him to anyway.

difficult child 2 is mad at me because I won't send him money so he says he doesn't have a mother so I don't expect to hear from him.

I will go to church and come home and try cooking a steak on my new electric grill, which works much better than I ever expected it to.

Happy Mothers' Day to all.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Not much here. husband will be traveling back from Michigan. easy child/difficult child has to work and so it will be difficult child and me.

KTMom91

Miss KT is 14 hours away, and the Sons will be spending the day with their mom...as they should. Hubby and I are taking our moms out to dinner Sunday night.

It would be nice to see the grands, but it is what it is.

pasajes4

I went to see my mom on Friday and gave her flowers. I did not stay long. I can't deal with her drinking. I will spend today with my daughter and my grands. I will probably get a call from my oldest son. My youngest just called me. I at least know he is ok.

witzend

My community Choir is singing in the afternoon. I hope someone shows up - we've been practicing since February! If you would like to see/hear us we will be live-streaming at 4 PM Eastern time at

http://mpumc.org/

Then on the right hand side of the page about 1/3 of the way down click on the "Watch Live Service" link. It's not a Service, but that's the link that they use to download from that location.

I don't have plan. Today I met friends and participated in a breast cancer run. The survivors were given charm bracelets and other nice gifts. That's all I need to have a good weekend. My children are indifferent to the day. husband is as well. I will buy myself flowers and do as I please. Maybe I'll splurge and get a pedicure. To my fellow warriors. ...live your best day and don't wait for someone else.

svengandhi

I am hoping for a BBQ. The only reason, in my opinion, to live in suburbia, as opposed to the city, is to be able to BBQ. Unfortunately, H doesn't agree so we do it twice a year - Mother's Day and my birthday, both in May. He insists on an old fashioned charcoal grill that I can't use so I can't even do it myself. I detest flowers and any gifts I get would just be purchased from my own money so I said I don't want any. Ditto for going out to dinner - I would wind up paying for it so why bother. I might go to Barnes and Noble because I can sit and read there but since they only have Starbucks, it's not even enjoyable to have a cup of coffee there.

Next weekend will be better - daughter is graduating from her 5 year program with her masters in special education.

You must be so proud, I'm with you about next weekend. Mine is also graduating and working as an engineer for the army after that. Congratulations to yours! We almost had Condolizza R as our speaker, oh well.

witzend

I am hoping for a BBQ.... (husband) insists on an old fashioned charcoal grill that I can't use so I can't even do it myself.

I'd be buying myself a gas grill (don't call it BBQ here, they'll roll their eyes) and let husband volunteer to fire up the briquets when he wants to. How Passive Aggressive of him! In fact, so PA that I'd probably buy one for him for Father's Day just to get his goat.

SuZir

Our Mother's Day tends to be extended family event and is that also this year. mother in law is of course again having her usual 'family event' drama, but this time it isn't even funny, just plain stupid, so I will not bore you with it. difficult child got enough of us and bolted and will be weekend in Berlin with a buddy. I can't say I would have much problem with that. Kiddie is not a sentimentalist and I have had him home for several weeks already so it is not like I wouldn't had seen him in long time. We know where we stand with each other, I don't need him to remember me at Mother's Day to know that. Unfortunately some other people have decided to take offence for me, especially given my health situation, but for me that is pure bs. And easy child will be home and extended family gatherings are like they always are, so acide of some mother in law drama, and she is likely to pull herself together in time, I anticipate rather pleasant day.

pasajes4

I celebrated with my daughter yesterday. The grands were otherwise occupied. It was wonderful we went out to eat somewhere the grands would not have liked. A shopping spree at our favorite stores followed by a movie and much laughter rounded out my day. My daughter is an amazing young woman.

BusynMember

36 is in MIssouri. I'll see if he remembers to call. He always forgets holidays and birthdays, etc. Julie sent a beautiful card, but she is stuck in Chicago. She has gestational diabetes, not too bad but she is taking it easy. Jumper is away with a few friends visiting another friend in Stout WI (funny name). It's at college. She'll be home around noon, per her. When she says that, it means around three :) Then we're going to barbecue and hubby, me, Jumper and Sonic will eat. With the long, cold winter we had, the ability to barbecue is a treat.

If the weather is good, husband said he'd take me to one of my favorite places on earth...the dog park. My dogs will come with, of course, and Jumper may. Sonic can't handle the loudness and chaos of a dog park so he won't come.

That's about it.

Witz, you have me curious now. Ok, if it's not called barbecue, what do you call it???? Are you out West?

LittleDudesMom

We have a nice day planned here. easy child is coming over around noon then the three of us are going to Lowes so I can pick up a few new plants and then the kids are cleaning and setting up the patio for the season. That means hanging ferns, putting a few plants in the ground around the patio, freshening up the pots, sweeping, putting out the umbrella and the cushions. I told the kids that's what I wanted them to give me for Mother's Day.

easy child will be giving me a pedicure later and they have something "cooked" up - there was a lot of phone conversations and texting between them back this week and whispering on Friday. I've been told they are "handling" dinner. We'll see........

Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day.

Sharon

witzend

Witz, you have me curious now. Ok, if it's not called barbecue, what do you call it???? Are you out West?

MWM, we are in N. Carolina. "BBQ" is almost always pork shoulder slow cooked over hardwood smoke in a pit or a contraption resembling a pit, and then pulled (as in pulled pork). If it's not pork then you say "Beef BBQ" or "Chicken BBQ". There are no BBQ Hamburgers or Hotdogs.

images

If you BBQ an entire pig, it's called a "pig Pickin' " or a "Pig Pull". They cook the suckling pig all day long then pull it with forks and everyone comes by and grabs what they want.

images

I eat BBQ at least once a month because my Rotary serves it

The BBQ is served with a small white bread hamburger bun and "red slaw", which is essentially cole slaw mixings in smoky BBQ sauce (YUCK!). You put the BBQ and the slaw on the hamburger bun. Depending upon which part of the state you're in, you might put a vinegary sauce on it.

A "grill" on the other hand is something that you hook up to a gas canister or put briquets into and grill (high heat) a steak or hamburger or hot dog (or whatever) on.

BackintheSaddle

Happy Mother's day to all of you. This is the first one for me without my Mom (we're not speaking) or my son (I MIGHT get to see him but not holding my breath). I had a dream about my Mom that brought all those feelings to the surface. She's Borderline PD so not an easy lady to live with much less have her as grandma to my difficult child. My husband went to see his Mom who is sweet and normal. He asked me to come but I didn't feel up to being around people who don't know the situation at all (all she knows is we had to kick difficult child out at Christmas for attacking me)-- it's exhausting eing around people who don't know all of this drama and trauma when I'm feeling it like I do so far today. Not sure what I'm going to do yet...I'm supposed to see difficult child to meet for a movie (I pushed him to see me) and ice cream- my treat of course. Now I'm not sure I even want to see him since he texted to say he'd have to do it later in the day so he can spend some time with his grandmother (my 'mother'). I hope by posting this it's ok since all of you sound like your day is a good one.

everywoman

I started celebrating a few weeks ago. My oldest son took me to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. Friday night husband took me to see Willie Nelson. Today is a lazy day. I took my mom and aunt out to breakfast. Jana joined us and brought them flowers and paid for breakfast. difficult child sent me a text. He is in a funk right now, but isn't bombarding me with texts and calls.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

DammitJanet

Actually my weekend was okay for me. Tony is trying to get his head out of his behind. Not doing a fantastic job of it but maybe he will get there.

We had an unexpected surprise on Friday night. We havent had phones for almost 2 months now so we cant be reached. I am finding that incredibly soothing...lol. But anyway, I had left a message at Monkey's house saying that I assumed since it was Mother's Day they would want her there this weekend even though it was technically our weekend so we werent expecting her. At around 8 on Friday night we got a knock on our door and there she was! Her momma said she wanted to come over and they werent planning anything until late Sunday afternoon so she would just come get her on Sunday. Worked out well for me. I didnt hear from Cory but I didnt expect to since he didnt have a way over but Billy dropped by on his way home from work to give me the gifts from both of them...a Magic Jack and a router. Evidently everyone else is tired of me not having a phone...lol. Now my household appliances will be complete if I can find a cheap microwave. Maybe I should call Jamie and beg! He is still using the one I gave him when he went into the Marines..lol.