Mothers with boys - you'll appreciate this

Star*

call 911........call 911
I work for a construction company. We have employees and teams of subcontractors. I rarely if ever go to a job site. Today was different. I had to go buy a permit and rush it to a job. So I get there and it's the crew Dude works on.

Can I say ladies "It is HOT here in SC." I pull up in front of the customers home and the crew is working. Dude is working hard, and didn't see me there. The customer comes out of her home and we chatted a bit. I handed her the permit and she thanks me for being such an thorough company AND....for sending such a good looking kid to work on her home. Then points to Dude and said "If I were 20 years younger." and chuckles.

I stood there just smiling, and blinking. WILD thoughts of cougars attacking my baby - ran rampant through my mind. I was stuck somewhere between flattered and disgusted. Try as I may to get out unnoticed....Dude came up and thanked me for the cooler of ice and the drinks. (not my job, but they all appreciated it). THEN there was that really odd moment....you know the one.........where I hadn't SAID "Oh that little bit of eye candy is my son....." and my son came up and hugged me in front of the customer then said "Thanks Mom." :tongue:

O. M. G.

The look on her face was priceless......and I think for a woman who thought she had NO ability left to blush? I must have been the same color as the bottle of wine I am now sure that our customer will be drinking...trying to forget she just told someones MOTHER that he was hot. :surprise::surprise::surprise::ashamed:

Never thought about the women that "stalk" my poor little baby boy - SNORT.......Barf....ugh....smirk...

and no I'm NOT telling Dude......lol

DammitJanet

LMAO Star....get used to it.

You have seen pictures of my two youngest boys. I have had girls and women say some of the wildest things to me. Especially when Jamie was in uniform. Shameless.....lol.

'Chelle

Well, I always tell my difficult child when teen girls check him out, as he's seems totally oblivious to it LOL. I've mentioned it 3 times when he didn't even notice. However, should a "cougar" say something like that to me, I'd probably feel the same as you. Hey, I might make those comments to friends who I know are NOT the mothers of the young man in question, but never to a stranger for fear I'd end up like that woman LMAO.

Yes my difficult child has been checked out by girls and didnt even know it. I thought one time he was going to get attacked by a friend of mine that at the time was a little bid tipsy. It is amazing that they are mostly all good looking. It is just sad the way they go in life.

DammitJanet

Well....How old is Rob again? 24.... hmmm.. Jamie is 24 but I cant swear to where Tony was all the time...lol.

Edited to add: With Rob being adopted, if he was conceived in Myrtle Beach it could be a possibility...YIKES!

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Edited to add: With Rob being adopted, if he was conceived in Myrtle Beach it could be a possibility...YIKES!

He was born in WA state. I know his biomom's name and it isn't Janet. You're safe. :whew: :rofl:

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I've always thought Tony and Cory were handsome. :)

Starbie.............OMG I'd have loved to have been standing beside you at the moment. I doubt I'd have kept a straight face. :rofl: :rofl: The look on that woman's face had to be one in a million! *snort*

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Oy! I had the opposite thing happen. difficult child 2 was looking at some old pix and said "wow! look at that a**! Who is THAT?" It was me! UGH!

DDD

:D You'll never forget that one.....and neither will she, lol. I've never had a stranger say something directly but with my 45 year old "boy" and with easy child/difficult child I have heard others commenting about good looks but nothing "hot", thank heavens. DDD

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
No, father was more interested in my brains! Sons are adopted, must be from their biodad....kind of wish husband were less in his head, if you get my drift.

svengandhi

A few years ago, my H took our oldest son to an Eagles concert. As they walked through the parking lot, a limo stopped and two "absolutely hot looking" women (per H, they were at least 30) got out of the limo, handed my son a beer and said "come with us and we'll have a great time!" H grabbed the beer can with one hand, my son with the other and said "Um, excuse me, but he's FOURTEEN!" The ladies blushed, mumbled an apology and ran away into their limo.

To this day, son has not forgiven dad!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL... I've had a similar thing happen, only from the child's point of view. When I was about 15, one of my Dad's coworkers made a comment about "the hot blonde" that he had seen out with Dad at the mall the weekend before.

Apparently this guy never looked at my mom (I look a LOT like her), or pictures in Dad's office.

That was FUNNY... Because when he said it, not only was my DAD there, but I had gone to his office after school to use their copier and was RIGHT BEHIND the guy saying it.

I don't think he ever lived it down, especially when my Dad started to laugh and I came into view. The guy did a double-take and then realized WHO I WAS.