moving forward in the land of no pigs

pigless

It's been awhile since I posted an update, so I thought I'd let you know that it's a positive one.

Sir Flouncealot did absolutlely great in second grade this year. He's still best friends with the boy who has a stay-at-home dad. Their family has been an enormous plus in our lives.

He's also made a couple of other friends who have been a good influence on him. I won't tell him this but I couldn't have chosen a nicer group of kids for him to play with. We will be having many playdates over the summer.

Tink had some difficulty with me working at her preschool this year, but overall it seems to have been a good decision for me. Both Sir F and husband suddenly seemed to view me in a different light. (Isn't it amazing what having an income will do.) My house is a complete disaster, but I'm not looking at it. (putting up my hands as blinders)

My summer playgroup has mushroomed to a fine mixture of kids and parents who are excited about getting together over the summer. It's especially helpful for those who speak a different language at home. Both the parents and the kids get to practice their English with people who are happy to help.

I met an amazing woman from Venezuela who is teaching me Spanish in exchange for helping her with her English pronunciation. We have such a blast together, and her daughter will be attending kindergarten in the fall with Tink.

Hold onto your chair for this news: husband is planning to take Sir F to the beach for a week. I can't go due to my migraines, so Tink and I have different plans. AND, dare I even say it, husband has made a friend. So what if I'm the one who introduced them, they now talk to each other - without me! Wooohooo!

LittleDudesMom

P,

it's good to hear from you. I'm so glad the kids are thriving and husband is stepping up! Sounds like the land of no pigs is in harmony.

Hugs,
Sharon

On_Call

Great upbeat, positive post! Glad things are going so well!! :bravo:

Here's hoping the good times roll on through the summer!! :beach:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow! What a great update!!! Things are going very well in the land of pigless. :smile:

I hope the summer continues to be just as great. :beach: