moving on!

You are right. I will put in a little money and try to get some books for hiim to read - to enjoy not rehab books or relligion. I so want to try and make him see what he is doing but I cant. Thanks for all the support. I am listening. I think I will make an appointment at the tatoo parlor and see about that eyeliner tattoo!!!!! Thanks all.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Time off gives some good time to think. If you have no creature comforts, you have only yourself.

When J was in prison, we didn't put money into his account for anything. He worked in the kitchen and made enough money to buy a stamp to write. HE chose for a long time not to do that. Fine. But, he somehow hit ground zero. It took YEARS.

It's called growing up. When in jail/prison, they are relatively safe, fed, and have a roof over their head. It's probably better than being on the streets.

Hang in there. Don't do the guilt thing.

Abbey

Thanks I am trying not to. I went to Alanon - I always seem to have good advice for others but cant follow my own without second guessing myself. However, I know I cannot allow myself to live with him coming in and out all hours, tearing up the house, wondering if he is using drugs, anymore! If they give him Drug court I believe he will have to live at home - cant happen! I believe he will turn it down. The ministry man said he should turn it down and that he would talk to him - one way says he needs rehab - but that is what I think - it wont do any good if he isnt serious - I am just fearful of when he gets out if he is not court ordered somewhere I dont know what will happen - I guess I just go on past experience which is not good either. Jail is better than being on the street - at least for me it is - I can sleep better - but I still think about it and wonder - what if he doesnt make it?