MP3 Player brand/pricing question???

susiestar

Roll With It
OK. My fave deal a day site has a SanDisk Sansa 2 GB MP3 player with FM tuner for $9.99 plus $7.95 handling. I am wondering if this is a good price, if it is a good brand, and if anyone has seen any better Black Friday ad prices?

It will problem come back on before Christmas, so if I don't get an answer in time to order tonight I will just keep an eye out. But I got some No-name brand 1GB mp3 players from another deal a day site that never did work well and I couldn't get the manufacturer to fix them for less than the cost of the player itself.

So I want a decent brand/quality this time around, not just cheap. Though cheap is excellent, esp this year.

Lothlorien

You found it on Retailkiller? Get it. It's a good deal. I got Missy a C250... The one on Retailkiller is a better one. You can get the accessories for it on ebay.

slsh

member since 1999
That's a great deal. I have the same one and use it whenever I'm not at work. Love it love it love it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks! I LOVE Retailkiller! Woot is OK, but I have gotten better items and prices and service from Retailkiller. (Last year on New Years Day they had a new item for FREE every 2 hours - I paid a total of $11 shipping for 2 bluetooth headsets and3 twin packs of photopaper (50 4x6 sheets each) plus a photoalbum (1 photoalbum in each twinpack of paper). Also got something else in that $11. I am looking forward to seeing if they do it again this year!

Lothlorien

I'll have to keep that in mind. I have only ordered once or twice from Woot. I had a problem once, but they refunded me immediately. I've ordered a lot from Retailkiller. They are great. I haven't ordered anything from 1saleaday.com, but they give stuff away free, (just pay shipping) a lot. Stay away from Dealko...they stink. I ordered one thing from them. It came with the box crushed, instructions were missing for the item. I contacted them at least 8 times. They replied twice telling me they were waiting for fedex to email me how to retunrn. WTH??? I won't buy from them ever again.

skeeter

I've gotten 3 different Sandisk refurbs from Woot - 1G, 2G, and 4G. All of them have been great - and the 2 and 4Gs have FM radios that pick up stations our huge compenent system won't!!! I just hook up some external speakers.

I also got a special Woot email after purchasing one of them for a Timex clock / docking station. Got that, too.

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks, in a couple of weeks I will be doing the shopping and these come up pretty frequently on retailkiller. I just have had indifferent service with a problem with 3 woot mp3 players. They were not a brand I recognized and they do not load songs at all. Woot would not refund (and it was with-in 2 days of receipt that I contacted them) and the company was foreign and had NO english speaking customer service people. So I don't do much with Woot.

Never heard of dealko or 1saleaday, but I will look the good one up. Thanks!

susiestar

Roll With It
If anyone is still interested they have the sansa mp3 player again today - still just $9.99 plus $7.95 shipping and handling.

How do you know the shipping cost on the 1 saleaday site? It just shows free for koss mini speakers, but doesn't show the shipping cost.

Lothlorien

I think the standard fee for 1saleaday is $4.99

I have a Sansa, husband has a Sansa and I just bought a sansa for Missy for Christmas. I like Sansa. You can download books onto them from your library too, though they won't go into your audiobook file unless you get them from audible.com

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks Loth. I ordered 2 of the 2gb sansas. And one of the koss minispeakers. Just to see what they are like.

I had forgotten Wiz has a birthday in less than a week. He will be 17!!!! I have NO CLUE what he wants, but may use the mycokerewards to give him a month of one of the download services. I think he would like it.

Glad to know you like the sansa, it seems to be pretty popular.

Lothlorien

I used to use yahoo music, but they were bought out by rhapsody. Rhapsody seems to have a bigger selection of music, but I like the way Yahoomusic was set up. It was cheaper per year and by song, too. I have my membership until February, I think. I don't download that much music. I had gotten the membership when we were looking for music for a party that we were throwing. Since then, we have barely used it, so it hasn't been worth the money.

susiestar

Roll With It
I was just looking at rhapsody. Since we are giving the mp3s, I was thinking about using the mycokerewards for a month of it. Or for 6 months of gametap access, but many of the games on gametap are NOT ones I really want Wiz to get into. He gets SO absorbed, and he has enough going on. Still thinking about it. I may use the points to get the 10 cup rice cooker. Unless husband wants some software. They have $40 off corel products, so a paint program would only cost about $20. Have to think about it.

Stella Johnson

The SanDisk Sansa is really good. SO, difficult child, and I all have one. They are great and they can take a beating. My difficult child has dropped it I don't know how many times and drove over it with her bike when she wasn't paying attention.

Steph