Mr. Kitten is in heaven now

M

ML

It has been an emotionally draining couple of days. Manster couldn't even go to school today he was so emotional. We pretty much knew we had to put him down yesterday and the Vet confirmed it for us today. Manster asked the most profound questions like "why did Mr. K lose hope, why did he give up" and I explained that when someone is that sick that they welcome their passing. He said "well I guess it's a gift to him to put him to sleep but it's not for us because we love him so much". He just cried and cried and broke my heart. Today he referred to our trip as "the execution"... though he did agree it was the right thing to do. husband stayed till the end but I just couldn't.

Anyway, thank you all for the support and prayers. For some reason I will never understand, it was his time. He was a great friend and joy.

Love,

ML

DammitJanet

Oh I am so sorry. If he believes in Jesus, there is a really nice poem about how Jesus needed another little cat with him to sit by his side. Or you could just approximate that sentiment.

Marguerite

It is so sad. Manster has taken this with such maturity - good for him.

I think you did the right thing letting him stay home - I wish I'd been allowed to stay home under these circumstances but not in those days.

Give him a hug for me.

Marg

slsh

member since 1999
I'm so sorry, ML. We had to put our Figaro down in Nov., and I'm still missing that old cat just terribly. Our furry friends become such a permanent part of us...

I do have to say I think Manster is incredibly perceptive and mature to realize that as much as it hurts us, it is a gift we can give our pets, to stop their suffering. Bless his heart.

Many gentle hugs to you and Manster.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm so sorry. Losing the furry family members is so hard.

Many hugs and prayers for your hurting hears today.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:crying:I'm so sorry. I was hoping and praying...

I agree, show Manster the Rainbow bridge poem. And tell him... That Sir Gator Underfoot, Tick Tock, Thorin and Rainbow Snow are all waiting for a new friend up there and they will play with Mr. Kitten and keep him busy and happy till we make it to to the Rainbow Bridge ourselves.

:pet: Many hugs and gentle strokes between the ears. We could all use them.