Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

N

Nomad

Has anyone seen this movie? What did you think?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Magorium's_Wonder_Emporium

husband and I saw it on a plane the other day. I missed a small portion of it...but still really enjoyed it. Hoffman was most excellent.
It is interesting and uplifting. Most unusual. I think it is coming to BB soon and might be a really good movie to rent for the kiddos. :D

N

Nomad

You are welcome. in my humble opinion, there is a subtle, very inspiring message present. Think: low self esteem, unworthiness, learned helplessness, depression.....encouragement, hope, creativity and enlightenment. :D I think "some" people will not get it, but those who do will walk away empowered and smiling.

"Mahoney, believing herself to be unworthy of the store, offers it for sale. Eric regrets this very much and approaches Weston with a "business proposal": he is willing to invest his savings and pocket-money in the shop. Though he refuses, Weston sees that Mahoney is making a mistake, and tries to persuade her against selling the store. While doing so, he witnesses for himself the store's magic and is at last convinced of it. The shop itself, distressed by Magorium's death and the upcoming sale, is delighted and colourfully revived as Mahoney finally takes her position as manager and unlocks her creative potential."

Lothlorien

We took Missy's brownie troop when it first came out. The kids liked it. Missy's been reminding me(daily) that it is coming out on DVD this week.

I liked it. There is a part of the movie that is sad, as it deals with death and then a part that is quite gloomy, but then becomes happy again.