Mr. Whiny pants difficult child

mstang67chic

Going Green
So, difficult child has been working for the past few months at a fast food place. Generally just a couple of days a week but lately has been getting more hours. He's going great with it...get's himself up, rides his bike to work, the whole bit. (Of course he spends his entire paycheck on his friends but that's another post entirely) Anyhoo....yesterday he apparently slipped and fell at work. I saw his knee today and it is scraped and looks a bit sore. He got home from work around 10:30 or 11 this morning. Within an HOUR he was calling work to call off for tomorrow.

Huh?

That's when I heard about the fall. I tried to explain to him that he needed to wait till (at the very LEAST) this evening to call. He needs to see how it's feeling, can't call off that far ahead for something like this, responsibility, etc. (in other words....blah blah blah blah blah blah blah). This did not go over well so he calls husband complaining about me. (like THAT'S never happened before)

husband comes home, examines his knee and tells him that if it's so bad that he wants to call off tomorrow, then they need to go to the restaurant and have them send difficult child to the doctor since this happened on the job. husband explains all about workman's comp., on the job injuries....all of it. difficult child all but called him a liar because HE had never heard of any of that and of course that means none of it actually exists if he doesn't know about it. At that point, I didn't care if he was walking around with his knee bent backwards.....I was done. Fortunately I was getting ready to go to my Dad's for the day/night so I basically walked out in the middle of this. (I was so mad, I forgot half the stuff I was taking with me but didn't really care)

I called husband later on and miracle of miracles.......difficult child decided that he didn't need to go to the doctor, was out running around and was planning on going to work tomorrow.

Why does EVERYTHING have to be such a huge production or argument? :919Mad:

Andy

I am glad he has decided to take on that responsibility.

Now that that is over can I ask the next most important question of all?

Did you remember the peanut butter cups? If you have left any of those cookie ingredients behind, you better either go back and get it or go out and buy i! :)

KTMom91

Stang, big hugs. If you ever find out why everything has to be a major production, please let me know. I ask that same question at least once a day.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I am glad he has decided to take on that responsibility.

Now that that is over can I ask the next most important question of all?

Did you remember the peanut butter cups? If you have left any of those cookie ingredients behind, you better either go back and get it or go out and buy i! :)

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/1019080031.jpg

All told, I made 63 cookies (the kids ate three and I probably ate enough dough for 3 more) and one huge cookie because I was DONE!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Stang, big hugs. If you ever find out why everything has to be a major production, please let me know. I ask that same question at least once a day.

I think what drives me nuts is that normally, all of this is over something stupid or piddly. Much more energy and time was wasted on the drama of it than it would have taken to do it in the first place.

TerryJ2

Boy, do I hear you!

by the way, I love your subject heading. When Little Nemo was popular, we used to tease difficult child and call him Mr. Grumpy Gills. :)

difficult child all but called him a liar because HE had never heard of any of that and of course that means none of it actually exists if he doesn't know about it.

Boy, does that sound familiar!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I think what drives me nuts is that normally, all of this is over something stupid or piddly. Much more energy and time was wasted on the drama of it than it would have taken to do it in the first place.

I so hear you on this! Glad he ended up going to work. The cookies look delicious:)

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
AMEN..............isn't that the truth

Pookybear66

OMG-mstang I love your picture next to your name! That is SOO cute!
As far as your comments, I ditto what you and everyone else said. Put me on the list for a call when you figure everything out as well!

trinityroyal

As my father in law used to say, "It's not whether we will survive this incident, but whether we'll survive the telling of it."

Mstang, I can so relate to this. This behaviour seems to be a weird combination of "bigging themselves up" ("I fell off the ladder, from, like, 25 feet, man. Nearly broke my neck!"), and trying it on (if I make a big fuss, mom will cosset me and make my favourite dessert and I won't have to go to work tomorrow and....)

Drives me nuts.
Oh...and I love the label. "Mr. Whiny pants". I'll have to remember that!

Trinity

trinityroyal

From your descriptions I think your difficult child and mine are twins separated at birth!

(When my difficult child scrapes his finger, the production is AWESOME. Right up there with Fred Sanford "Elizabeth! I'm a'comin' ")

mstang67chic

Going Green
There was that time a couple of summers ago....difficult child and a friend were helping to clear brush and do stuff at a local historical site. (Not sure what got into them but whatever). difficult child fell 10 feet off of some platform onto a picnic table, banged his knee up and hit his TEMPLE on the corner of the table but only passed out for a second or two. Uh huh...fall that far and hit your temple on a corner you'd be out for a heckuva lot longer than a second.