MRI came back normal - why am I depressed

G

guest3

I feel guilty for feeling depressed. Of course I am thankful he has nothing major wrong neurologically, but with out a neurological diagnosis, there are very few benefits for him when it's just bi-polar, at least that's how it seems in NJ any ways. I am so fried. Between having a 10 y/o who's hitting and giving me death threats and a 16 y/o who has checked out of life completely unless it has somethig to do with RAP, I am so fried, sorry I will put my violin now for the night, LOL............ :cry:

OpenWindow

I totally understand being depressed. I've felt this way too when my difficult child has gone for testing and it comes back inconclusive, or rules something out that could have brought him more services. He's the same kid no matter what the diagnosis, but unfortunately only certain diagnosis bring about certain treatments and services. And, if something had been found, at least you'd have something concrete to start from.

My difficult child's old psychiatrist told me that psychiatry is often a guessing game - and a process of ruling out many disorders to arrive at a conclusion. We still don't have ours.

Rest up and rejuvenate to fight another day.

Linda

G

guest3

sniff thanks........

I have a radio station in my head that consists of the following songs:

Hit me with your best shot
Leaving on a Jet Plane
These boots are made for walking
Safe in the arms of his Love
Headed for a Train wreck (Elliott Yamin)
In the jungle (a wemma way a wemma way)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Back before T had his dxes I was soooo frustrated. Then once he began getting dxes it seemed to cause a cascade effect. That made me feel worse. lol

Believe it or not, even with all of T's dxes he STILL got very little in the way of services.

N actually has had people bending over backward to offer their help with the diagnosis of BiPolar (BP).

I wonder if the area in which we live plays a part in it.

Hugs