MRI tomorrow

L

Liahona

Well Buster's MRI is at 7:30 am tomorrow morning. He gets to be sedated and goes into this fasting. So glad it is first thing in the morning. Also lucked out that someone else can watch all the other kids except Cherub. Cherub has to come too.

DammitJanet

Hope it goes really well for him and am so glad he gets to be sedated. Its so scary when you arent. I am absolutely phobic about MRI machines...lol.

L

Liahona

We got there at 7:30 am. They tried to get an IV in to sedate him. His veins kept blowing though. After 4 tries they got an ultrasound machine to look at the vein while they were putting the IV in. That worked. They gave him some medicine during all this to relax him. They said it would make it so he wouldn't remember. After they put the medication in Buster was really fighting sleep. I let him play a game on the ipad and he was determined to play it even in his sleep. It was after 9 am before we got down to the MRI. I waited in a lobby while they took him back. It was about 45 min. Then we went in a room to "wait" for him to wake up. They didn't wait. They washed his face with a wash rag to wake him up. Poor guy. He hates that. They gave him some pop. Then a few min later we left. He was still very sleepy. When we got home he slept for a few hours. Then he woke up and has been my climbing hyper Buster since. I haven't called the Dr. office yet for the results (its been very busy here). But I figured if it was bad news they would've called me by now.