My 5 y.o. son went missing! About to call 911

southernmomma

My difficult child has a tendancy to escape the house as well and not let anyone know where he is going. Thankfully we have a huge yard and our nearest neighbor is 2 miles up the road (grandma). He has never left the yard, but because we ARE worried that he will, he's not suppose to leave the house without letting me or husband know that he's going outside. We are surrounded by woods so we've had the discussion of wild animals and the such. With a recent rabies scare in our neighborhood, I told husband that I wanted to get some kind of protection against him getting out. We tried the locks on the inside up high enough to where he can't get out...no dice. He just rips it out of the wall. Finally we got the alarms. They work like a charm. However, I don't reccomend getting them if you have young children in the house. My daughter is almost 15 mo. old and if he tries to get out during a nap---stuff hits the fan. I've thought about the police thing but as a bunch have said, they're suppose to represent safety, not scared. I do take my difficult child to "safety days" in our Co. and introduce him to the police in our area and have them explain to him about being safe. That worked for our running out in front of cars problem we had a while back. Maybe you could try something like that.