My baby sister is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I was at my dad and step-mom's yesterday for the birthday celebration of my brother (19) and my oldest sister (22). At one point, my baby sister (15) dressed in preparation for her snow dance.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/winter birthdays 2009/birthdays2009074.jpg

And then proceeded to go outside and do her dance in the hopes of making it snow.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/winter birthdays 2009/birthdays2009075.jpg

When I woke up today, THIS #$%^%$# is what I saw.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/winter birthdays 2009/birthdays2009080.jpg

The girl is toast.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Did she come over to my neck of the woods? It's a disaster here. It's like people who live here forget year to year how to drive when it snows. And we are looking at a dusting...

klmno

Toast?? Are you kidding? I say you become her manager and put all her powers to good use- maybe she can make it rain in the desert or steer the tornados in different directions!! LOL!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, send her up to WI to shovel my walks. I went out at 1am to take the trash out. Holy...crud. There are a couple inches of white stuff on the ground.:mad: They're calling this the appetizer. Well, I can easily skip the main meal.

Supposedly 9-12 inches more on Thursday.

Can I just hybernate?

Abbers

Star*

call 911........call 911
Would like to borrow her for taping chicken livers to her elbows and dancing nekkid in the moonlight (but would not watch) - juusssst sayin.

LOL

Shes quite an accomplished dancer.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We're due to get clobbered Tuesday through Wednesday. Several inches plus whiteout conditions.

I live in an area that gets so much snow that we do a big winter sports tourism business. Same deal. Every freaking year people have to relearn the ability to drive in snow when the first big one hits.

Worse yet, people don't get that four wheel drive is useless on ice. Four wheels skid just as well as two do.

KTMom91

Her snow vibes stretched all the way to California...except it turned to rain, because it's warmer here. Please tell her thank you for me! We need the rain.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl:

Send her HERE! Send her HERE! We NEVER get snow where I live and have to drive 50 miles just to see it! Okay, well, once it hailed so much it looked like snow... it was the day they were burying Richard Nixon in town, and we figured it was just one last "Hail to the Chief" :p

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Worse yet, people don't get that four wheel drive is useless on ice. Four wheels skid just as well as two do.

And if you have all wheel drive? Not only do they skid just as well, but in different directions! LOL

I have a friend who is an EMT and he was ranting yesterday about the people who are BORN here in the Midwest who KNOW it snows, and KNOW it is winter, and just don't seem to get it.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Love the pumpkin in the snow!

:rofl:

That would be my jack o lantern from Halloween that I never pitched. difficult child informed me last night that it's frozen solid. Maybe I'll leave it.....it had a flaming jack o lantern face. It could be Jack Nicholson from the Shining or something! LOL

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Step. I am not a huge fan of AWD, at least earlier versions. You got neither the fuel economy and dry road handling of 2WD, nor the outright "grunt" of 4WD. I drive a 2002 Toyota 4-Runner which is true 2/4 wheel drive (I can switch between them with a seperate gearshift and in addition can control the amount of torque in 4WD)

It sure beats having to get out and lock the wheel hubs to change drive types, LoL

trinityroyal

Step. I am not a huge fan of AWD, at least earlier versions. You got neither the fuel economy and dry road handling of 2WD, nor the outright "grunt" of 4WD.

I'm not a big fan of AWD either, especially in the hands of those who think it makes them invincible.

My house is at the corner of a little court and the major road that goes by. We sit at the top of a hill. First snow of the season, I can stand in my yard and watch people crest the hill at speed, then slide down, lose control, and then ditch into the yard of the people who live at the bottom of the hill. Glad I'm at the top and not the bottom...SUVs are the worst culprits. People don't realize that all that extra size and weight just gives you more momentum when you lose control.(I used to drive an Expedition).

Honestly! It's Canada. The Great White North. You'd think people would get used to the idea that it snows here. Every single winter.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah Trinity, I am the third trailer in from a sharp curve. Not only that, there is a precipitous drop at that curve.

The guy who lives in the trailer right at the curve has had his place clobbered a few times over the years.

Idiot drivers either take the turn to fast and slide straight, or they outright spin out and slide down the hill.

Driving an SUV is NOT the same as driving a passenger vehicle, especially the new SUVs that are built on car frames or unibody.

My SUV is older and is built on a truck frame. It handles like a truck and rides like one too.

SUVs do NOT handle like cars, in addition to the added weight, they are top heavy. You simply cannot run curves at the same speeds a car can

mstang67chic

Going Green
My step-mom told sis that she needed to do a dance for high winds so they could get some kindling for the fireplace since SM is almost out of the pine cones she bought for that purpose.

:slap:

We're now under a high wind advisory.

As for winter driving idiots.....last year after a bad weather incident I was watching the news. I almost laughed so hard I was crying. The station did an interview by the side of one of the bad roads with a local police officer. He was giving the standard warnings about taking it easy and driving slow but you could tell. He was sooooooooo frustrated and angry and you could see in his face that he wasn't even close to saying the things he wanted to say.