My baby turns 11 in less than an hour!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
easy child turns 11 in a matter of minutes! :bigsmile:

She has her moments where her frustration over her two difficult child brothers nearly sends her into difficult child-dom, but overall, she remains the bright spot in this family. She is smart as a whip, unbelieveably talented in so many ways, and very, very funny. Hmmm... must get it from her mom. :winks:

She was VERY indecisive this year over what she wanted to do to celebrate the day. First she wanted to invite her entire class of 36 PLUS the neighbor kids to our house and have a bouncer in the back yard, and a pinata, and... And I reminded her that if we had guests over she'd have to clean her room. Well, she quickly decided on a different venue! :rofl:

Then it was just the girls to be invited. Then she came home one afternoon and said she hated everyone in her class, with the exception of one person. SO much for inviting all the girls.

Then she wanted to go bowling. No, wait, laser tag. No, bowling.

Now it's been narrowed down to just three other girls, and she wants to go to the kids' science museum for the day. So we picked a week from this Sunday and she made her invitations (did NOT want me to buy any and did NOT want ME to make them, lol) and delivered them Monday. Unfortunately, one of the girls can't make it that day. One can, and still haven't heard from the third. IF the third can't do it that day, I told her we'll just reschedule it.

As for tomorrow, she asked for blackberry pie for breakfast :) husband picked one up on the way home tonight. And her school happens to be having a family picnic day at lunchtime tomorrow, so I'm bringing her a cheeseburger from her favorite burger joint and picnicking on the grass with her. Then we're taking her to her favorite spaghetti house for dinner. husband got her some drawing books on dragons (her fav) and some clipart on dragons and other mythological stuff, as well as a sketch pad (she loves to draw). We also got her a pocket digital camera, which she did ask for -- got a great deal at Target on one that was a close-out (they said they ordered too many at the holidays so it was marked down 65%!!!) I think she'll be very pleased.

She asked to see pictures of herself when she was a baby, and I pulled out what little I'd finished of her baby scrapbook. She was a little shocked to see herself au natural, :rofl: It was funny to see her reaction -- she hasn't seen these pictures for a few years I guess. Things have been busy.

Eleven! I can't believe it.

M

ML

This is a precious age. They are still sweet and care about what you think to some extent, though now that manster is edging closer to 12 I feel that slipping away.

I think the day sounds delightful. I LOVE blackberry pie. Tell my board niece happy birthday for me.

Hugs and blessings, ML

Tiapet

Old Hand
I hope she has a great birthday! Enjoy this age while you can. As she moves on up each year closer to the teens the roller coaster ride begins.;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
(grumbles .......i have socks older than 11 years) .........straightens up.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! .......

You're getting socks from Auntie Star....new ones ;)