My bloodwork is back...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
and the NP called to say my bad cholesterol is a little on the high side (can't remember the number, but she's mailing me a copy of the report).

My triglycerides are good.

My glucose is good (71 fasting).

So I just need to stick with the low fat diet, increasing my exercise, and all should be well with me! :D

Pap was normal, too. And my mammo is scheduled for next month.

Glad to get some of these things off my list -- and especially for the relatively good news.

husband, on the other hand, had not so good news on his follow-up bloodwork results last week. His triglycerides came down a wee bit, but they're still over 400, which threw off the LDL results so they didn't even report them. Plus his fasting glucose was still a bit high at 116. He started taking Trilipix for the cholesterol last week. But at least it's got him trying to eat healthier...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
YAY!!! For you!!!

I know what it is like to have stuff like that done and have to wait for the results. I'm going to have a couple of moles checked out in a little bit. Melanoma runs in my family so I'm a little paranoid!

Star*

call 911........call 911
GOOD FOR YOU CHICKEY!!!!!!!!!

Now to throw all the bad bad bad snacks in a box and send them to STAR.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What really needs to happen (beside me exerting simple willpower) is for husband to stop buying all the bad, bad, bad snacks!

I celebrated by meeting two friends for low-fat SUSHI for lunch!:sushi: :bigsmile:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ooooh, sushi, I don't even know what you are saying. (Sushi is Mom's donut) LOL

My eyes glaze over when I get to have Sushi!

Oh yeah, back to you! The important part of this post! LOL

CONGRATULATIONS on the results. Tell husband to keep up the good work.
You are doing great.

TerryJ2

VERY good!

So sorry about your husband, but it sounds like he's working on it. It's so hard.

Thanks for the update. :)