My body is doing weird things to my head.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
All I can guess is that I'm having blood sugar issues, but I have been a raving female dog lately. If I didn't know better, I'd say my medications aren't working, but I really suspect it's food related, because I feel a lot better and am calmer after I eat, and the more protein the better. What is bizarre to me is that I'm not really feeling hungry when I hit bottom. I'm just crankier than a rattlesnake and ready to strike at anyone who so much as breathes on me. The lack of hunger pangs is what strikes me as odd, though. Anyone else ever experience this?

flutterby

Fly away!
Yep. With my hypoglycemia.

Sometimes I feel hungry, other times I don't. I would say most of the time I don't and I have to force myself to eat.

flutterby

Fly away!
And to add: If I am feeling hungry, I'm also very shaky and weak and irritable to the nth degree. Way beyond the normal crankiness of low blood sugar.

And then...get between me and food and you might not make it out alive. :tongue:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You've just described Nichole. Sometimes she gets ravenous....others she's not feeling hungry at all. But all I ever had to to was get some carbs and protein into her and she was a whole different person.

She tries really hard these days to eat on a reg schedule.....cuz if she waits too long.....it's bad news for anyone around her.

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
If I eat something with a high sugar content especially when my stomach is relatively empty, I get the shakes but I don't notice the personality change. I really try to stay away from any sweet foods at breakfast. It doesn't bother me after dinner, to have dessert.
I definitely have to stop what I'm doing and eat protein and some high carb food or I don't know what happens. I never went any farther than shakes and sweating and numb lips.

Star*

call 911........call 911
That's weird.....

My HEAD keeps doing weird things to my body. It's saying (kinda like a far off voice))))

Star.....you're so sexy.....Ooooohhhh :tongue:

I think you need to have a fasting 4 hr. glucose tolerance test done and go from there. It's the only way to really tell if you are having sugar issues. Then? Save the postage baby, keep the wardrobe - follow my lifestyle and drop 1/2 a person.

My NP told me when I get that witchy little dog voice and spit venom, pit of my stomach, shakey hands, I'm starving feeling it's my body telling me my sugar is...really high( I think) . If I eat I feel a lot better - even if it's like 1/2 an apple or something good for me. 1/2 a samich. Eat Something.

I'm telling you this lifestyle I'm on is so easy - anyone can do it and I'm literally melting...24-26 in march and tried on size 12 pants yesterday - they fit - not nice but they fit....;)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Another hypoglycemic weighing in.

When I get hungry, I am HUNGRY. If I have to wait, my sympathy to those around me...first comes the "grumpies", then the shakes, then the nausea, then I just might as well go to bed cause no matter what I do, my body is out of whack and the day is shot.

Lately, I've been eating everything in site, too. Yikes. But, if I can stick to a diabetic diet (which really isn't that hard once you get the hang of it) I feel TONS better. Keeping that sugar level consistent is the key for me.

Star, have you really lost half a person?

KTMom91

Another one weighing in...

I know I don't eat right, and since I've been diagnosis'd with type 2 diabetes, I'm doing better. I may not feel hungry, but I get tired and CRANKY, and I have to find protein. Eating toast, for example, makes it worse.

flutterby

Fly away!
If you're not hungry, but feel like your blood sugar is low, (i.e., cranky, weak, shaky), try a spoonful of peanut butter. My kids think nothing of seeing me with a spoonful of peanut butter in my hand. LOL

gcvmom

Here we go again!
OMG WOMAN! STAR??? You are nearly into a TWELLLLLLVE?!!! If I don't get off my butt you won't be able to use ANYTHING I have! Sheesh.

See, I have a theory on your success, Star. It's just YOU and DF at home, right? And he probably doesn't do a whole lot of the shopping or cooking. Am I right on that, too? Well, it's SOOOOO much easier to resist temptations and stick to a SF diet like you've been on when you don't have four other people sabotaging every meal every day. I cannot force my husband to go on a diet with me, either. Wish I could, but he doesn't respond well to that kind of pressure.

I know, lame excuses one and all.

Huff. Twelve? Really? :disappointed: I haven't seen 12 since late 1988. That's when husband and I moved in together. Before I met him, I was a solid 10 (heh, heh, not that I'm gloating or anything). I was in the best shape of my life.