My car was stolen !!!! update

jannie

trying to survive....
My car was stolen last night from my driveway !!!!! Everything was in there, pocketbook, keys, credit cards, etc !!!!! :grrr: :grrr: And tomorrow I'm scheduled to have skin cancer taken off of my face--now I have no car to even get to the doctor !!!

smallworld

Wow! I'm really sorry. Is this your minivan?

We had a weird situation happen to us last weekend. A thief somehow got the numbers and PIN off my husband's ATM card (he still had the card in his wallet) and stole $2000 ($500 on each of 4 days) out of our bank account. We're still fighting with the bank about getting the money back.

Hope you get everything straightened out with your theft. What a mess.

TerryJ2

Oh no! I hope they find it right away. I am so sorry.
And also, sorry about your skin cancer. Heal quickly.

jannie

trying to survive....
Thanks all--it was my minivan--only two years old--the locksmith is on his way over !!! ugh :sad: :sad:

DDD

I've had an SUV stolen and I have had a wallet stolen but I never
have had to cope with both at once....I can't imagine. Sending
hugs. DDD

tiredmommy

Yikes! Good thoughts being sent that your vehicle and wallet are recovered quickly & intact. Let us know how tomorrow goes.

Jannie,

Is your van payed for? Or are you making payments? Is there the tiniest chance in the world you were behind?

Also, what make is your van?

Hmmm, okay, I was exploring the possibility that it was repossessed (hey, it happens!) but it does not sound like it.

It is common for Hondas to be stolen, they are in high demand. I am so sorry that this happened to you. It must feel like a violation of your personal space.

I hope everything gets taken care of quickly.

jannie

trying to survive....
Hi All-

It's been four days and still no car !! It's all very frustrating. I just recieved a huge packet from the insurance company asking me to fill out tons and tons of forms. There are so many questions, I don't know where to begin....they want all records of all work done, written description of what happened...information on the title and the lein, etc, etc...

I feel like I'm under the attack...you'd think they would be a bit more empathetic and helpful and less intimindating. :hammer:...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Of course they won't make it easy! That would be the humane thing to do!!!

I am sorry, how horrible.
It really upsets me when someone get's ripped off, it is so unfare! Everytime husband has to go back to work in Chi. he takes the train back downtown to his apartment. He used to wear his I-pod, someone has tried to take it/steal it at least 5 times now!!! He no longer wears it...

I hope they compensate you.