My dad entered the 21st century

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
He got a new computer (the old one we got for mom & dad was 9 years old) & he's now on the internet. Better yet he's sending & receiving emails.

It's still a novelty to him & he loves receiving items of interest or pictures of the kids. I've been emailing him daily now with bits & pieces of life, pictures & such. He's waiting eagerly (as am I) for the final bids & drawings for my remodel (I told Dad I'd scan them in my computer then email them to him). Friday, Dad, Friday.

I'm just so proud he took this step ~ Dad is still going strong.

by the way, his insurance offered him a free health club membership so he's going to town 3x a week to work out with a personal trainer for the first month & then on his own. Knowing Dad he'll stick with it. He has a goal to get his resting pulse down to a certain rate.

K

Kjs

Isn't it fun. My mom had difficulty when trying to call some place of business regarding a bill and would get a menu to push buttons. That was 10 years ago.

Lothlorien

That's awesome. I love being able to send photos and stuff to people I don't get to see very often.

Now you have to get him on Facebook *faint* lol

SRL

That's great, Linda.

My brother and I had to add my dad to our junk mail list because he kept sending us bunches of email forwards and wouldn't quit no matter how we asked.:tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well now that is just TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!

-he's doing what DF has yet to do.

BRAVO DAD - YOU ROCK!

TerryJ2

Linda, that's great!
It's so nice you have a good relationship, too.
My dad can only remember to play Solitaire. No more Internet for him. :(