My dad is dying....crying

DammitJanet

I have been keeping up with my Dad through phone calls to him and my step-mom because it has been hard for me to drive much anymore. I had planned to go stay with him for a day or so when I went up at Xmas. That isnt to be in the cards anymore.

My step-mom just called me to tell me they had called in hospice. All his brothers are coming down during this coming week and she said I had better get my boys and come too. No young ones, obviously. I called Jamie. I hope they understood that when I told them that.

He is supposed to go down tomorrow to see him and let me know if I need to go down before Wednesday when his brothers are coming in which is when I plan on going or what. If I can make it till then it would be good because both Billy and Tony can work those days. Mandy is just gonna have to stay home because the car is gonna be full. Keyana cant come either. Keyana is fairly upset because Grandma is crying.

I am trying to stop so I dont upset her. She understands who I am talking about and wants to do the book for him. We will do it tomorrow. She is going to record a book for him. Might not have it long but...

Thankfully I just did the new pics of her so he will get to see those.

Oh god...I am losing my daddy!

H

HaoZi

*HUGS* Janet, I'm sorry. I hope you get there to see him in time and he enjoys Keyana's book.

Janet,

I'm so sorry... Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and praying that your dad is not in any pain, you have a chance to spend some special time with him alone, and that he is surrounded by his family and is at peace when the time comes... Many, many hugs and lots of prayers being said... SFR

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Many many warm gentle (((((hugs))))) my friend. I'm so very sorry.

On a good note hospice will keep your dad as comfortable as possible. Keyana is such a sweetheart, let her give you lots of lovin right now, you need it and she will feel better to give it.

Keeping you and the whole family in my prayers.

slsh

member since 1999
Janet, dear friend... I'm so sorry. This is just so darned hard.

I'm glad they've called in hospice. They should be able to keep him comfortable in his own home and give him the support he needs.

Many hugs to you, hon. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Janet, keeping you close in my thoughts.

You got good advice to let Keyana comfort you. Let her know that it's normal to cry when someone we love is dying (I know you know this -- just reminding you, as you are hurting and of course want to protect Keyana).

grief is hard -- I'll be thinking of you.

Jo

tiredmommy

I'm so sorry... I know your Daddy has always been a big part of your world. Try to remember that he always will be with you in your heart. And Janet... I understand that there are practical reasons why you are planning on waiting until Wednesday, I really do, but you need to get there tomorrow.

DammitJanet

This time of year is gonna suck the life out of me from now on.

First awful thing: Today is my anniversary of my first disastrous marriage to X. 11/6/1980. He picked the same day as his parents wedding anniversary. What a jerk. Need I say more?

Second awful thing. My mom died on 11/27/2005

Now, third awful thing: I get told my dad will be dying any day on 11/26/2010

Fourth awful thing will be his actual death in the next week or two.

Just dandy. And I never did do well with Thanksgiving through Xmas anyway...guessing its not gonna get any better.