My dad told m to move...

witzend

He's been there since February or so. M is now moving on to husband's mother's house. She's totally incapable of dealing with him. I don't think that she is expecting him. husband said "I hope he doesn't hurt her." It's the exact same thing I said about my parents, but even at 83 my 6'4" dad is intimidating. husband's mom, on the other hand, has been someone's victim most of her life.

I told husband that he needed to contact his mother and tell her that M will never leave and she should not let him move in. I don't know if he will.

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
What? No phone call to you from your Dad? No whitty remark from your daughter? You must get so sick of this - I know I'm sick of it and it's not even my family -

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHUge Hugs.

witzend

husband called his mom and told her that if she let M move in with him he would never move. husband is upset but says that he assumes that his mother will be glad of the company. Who knows, maybe they are made for each other. Ack! This is exactly what I didn't want husband's sister and her kids doing to his mom. Whatever. Que Sera...

Star*

call 911........call 911
There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD My Mom would ever ever let Dude come live with her. She loves her Grandson, but she thinks he's got fingers like a Geckos toes.

witzend

Thanks, you two. It seems that mother in law will definitely have him move in with her. I hope she will be safe. I knew she would. husband calling was more a matter of our covering our backs when the rest of the family comes after him (and me) because our kid is mooching off of her. Hey, we told her no.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH good grief.......Is this going to be one of those "Where is the good silver?" situations? (OY VEY) I can't wait!

susiestar

Roll With It
I'm sorry. I know this is what you NEVER wanted. Some people just do not know how to care for themselves and set appropriate boundaries. You did what you could, this is NOT your or husband's fault. Whatever happens, it was husband's mother's choice and M's choice. It doesn't make the family react any more logically, but keep reminding yoruself that it is her choice.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow... All I can do is send you lots of hugs. I can't imagine.

Though I can see mother in law letting Onyxx do this.

DammitJanet

Well...isnt husband's mother sort of in a bad situation herself? Maybe just maybe M will be good for her. I know, pigs fly only in cartoons but we can hope cant we?

witzend

He stopped by DHS today and made arrangements to get an appointment for disability. Besides his Muscular Dystrophy he now has a diagnosis of bi-polar and Major Depression. I also steered him in the direction of a disability attorney that is for real - not advertising on TV but really doing the work.

That's a positive start. I hope it all goes well....and there's always wine (you could give some to grandma).

rejectedmom

What a roller coaster. You are right to get off it. If your husband's mom wants to take a spin there is nothing more you can do. Glad M took some initiative on the disability. -RM