My Daisy May passed away tonight.

Mom2oddson

Thank you for all the loving words.

Daisy's passing has been really hard on me. With Mason and Annie, we knew the time was coming and that their health was failing. We were prepared - as well as you can be for something like this. We figured that Daisy would leave us sometime in 2013. She was so happy and seemed so fine Saturday morning. She sat on the couch and watched me bake. Everything was normal. I wasn't ready.

And I really miss her. She was my cuddle-bug. She's the only dog I know that LOVES hugs. She'd come over to be petted and wouldn't leave until you gave her a nice big hug. She hated having her nails cut so she learned to chew her own nails to keep them short. She's been laid to rest right next to Annie, Mason, Buddy, Molly, Moose, Yogi and Tom. (in the woods behind my Mom's house we have a nice place for all our pets. Their sites are all bordered with bricks and flowers are planted around them. Mom even keeps the graves up in seasonal themes. Right now, everyone has a christmas wreath.)

InsaneCdn

Yes, you weren't expecting it. And yet... she wasn't ill and in pain, either. She lived life fully, right to the end, and gave you the last of her love... which you will, of course, carry with you. It's hard now... but you will appreciate this gift from her more once the shock wears off.

Lothlorien

I'm sorry. I understand how painful the loss of a pet is....especially right before the holidays. I'm glad she went quickly and not in pain.