My daughter is getting better

Josie

Some of you know my daughter's story. The short version is she got a migraine in Oct. 2007 that never went away. She had it 24/7 and she rated it a 9 or a 10 with 10 being the worst pain ever.

She wasn't able to go to school and she mostly laid in her bed.

After countless doctors, we finally have one that is actually able to help.

Since December, she has been steadily improving. Now, she says her headache is gone most of the time. I was afraid we would never see the end of that headache, so it feels like a miracle. She had it for over 3 1/2 years.

She still has chronic fatigue, but that seems to be improving also. We've been increasing her tutoring hours and she keeps asking for more and more homework.

We are planning on her going back to school at least part time in the fall, but her fatigue will have to continue improving.

We are all feeling hopeful for the first time in years.

Just thought I would share. I hope I am not jinxing it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hope

That is a great update!

I hope she continues to improve. I can't imagine a headache like that lasting so long and trying to cope with that alone. omg I'll be rooting for her to make it back to school in the fall. :its_all_good:

((hugs))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Excellent to hear this good news~I'm so happy for her (and you, what a relief it must be for Mom). Fingers crossed she's able to return to school in the fall!

busywend

That is wonderful! I am so sorry she suffered for so long, but glad you found someone to help her. What a relief it must be for you all!!

TerryJ2

WOW! That's amazng, awful, and a relief all in one note.
I know it's been a moment-to-moment struggle for all of you.
I am SO glad you have a dr who can help. I am wishing for continued success for you all.