My dear old friend OD'd

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
My best friend from childhood, her cousin who lived with us. (I lived with best friend off and on) The cousin died.
She had BiPolar (BP). Her Mom died of a heroin OD when she was baby and her Grandparents raised her, kind of.

SHe had been in and out of programs, Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s psychiatric wards etc... Addict on the run, hooking all of it.

She was married and had a kid. Husband was a drunk.

Last week she OD'd on the **** you clean your computer keyboard with. She was huffing the gas from can.
She never had a chance. Never had any support as a kid. Always told to get it together, just get clean.
Never given the tools.

I HATE, HATE, HATE, Mental Illness.

Her kids are left with a jerk. He has been stealing from her 87 yo Grandma. When my friend J called up there today he was drinking with her and some of his stellar friends.
J is flying up there to put her Grandma in an assisted living.

Did I mention I hate Mental Illness. :angel3:
Please send a good thought for her kid. I fear she has no chance.

DDD

Please accept my sympathies for your loss. Even though I haven't seen my childhood friends in decades...they are still part of me.

Yes, it is sad how it moves from one generation to another. I'll hold her child
in my thoughts and prayers. You, too. DDD

totoro

My Best Friend J and I try to get together once a year still. I usually will go to SFO or she will come to where ever I am.
I went out to SFO last year. But G has been gone for a few years drifting around.
She was out in Montana, living with her Grandma so I hadn't seen her in awhile.
Thanks ladies it is such a hollow sad feeling when things like this happen.
I hate the loss of life for nothing. I hate the feeling like she never had a chance.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry, Totoro. What a huge, senseless waste. Mental illness truly does hoover, and you're absolutely right that there are RARELY enough tools and supports out there for those that need them so desperately.

totoro

Just an FYI
I guess the Compressed Air for cleaning the computers is the latest easy way to get high... J's brother had just watched a 2 hour show on how it is killing kids and how horrible it is.
That week G OD'd.
The police said it is getting really bad, because it is so easy to get and no-one thinks twice about it.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, gosh Toto. I am so sorry. That's pretty extreme. Hugs to you and her family. What a sad thing.

Abbey

Steely

Wow. That completely stinks. I am so sorry. Mental Illness is horrible, likw you said, it totally hoovers. I have said it a million times.

I did know about the air for cleaning computers - I do believe it was difficult child who enlightened me. How ironic. I just don't really get how you could get enough co2 or whatever it is to OD. But that is my simple mind.

Hugs - and many prayers for the daughter.