My dog died

nvts

Coco the mostly Golden Retriever has passed away. She was 16 or 17 years old and was my very first "baby girl". She'd been sick for the last week or so, her back end was getting weak, getting incontinent and very very clingy. She was never more than 2 feet by my side.

We were going to have her put down on Monday, but difficult child 1 was going through the NYC 4th grade math tests (3 days long) so the vet gave her some steroids, fluids and an antibiotic. She rallied although never really regained the strength in her back legs.

She went steadily downhill today. She passed at 6:00pm. I thought I would handle this better than I am. The best way to describe it is: I'm just very sad.

Beth

DammitJanet

Lots of big hugs. I understand completely. I have an injured furrkid at my house and am hoping he gets better soon. We just hurt when they do. Maybe your dog is going to be waiting to lick our aunts hand when they meet up in heaven.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh I am so very sorry for you families loss.. it is never easy. Even if you think you are prepared for what is coming.
I just picked up Indies little box, we had him cremated, and I broke down at the vet's office. It is just so hard to lose a pet.
Take some time to heal, remember your little friend in your heart...
HUGS

TerryJ2

Oh, I am so sorry, Beth. Let yourself grieve. Dogs are a huge part of our lives and a part of our families. Their constant companionship, warm bodies, trusting natures ... I have cried and cried each time we've lost a dog. They are all old and well cared for but that doesn't make it hurt any less.
Hugs.

Beth,

My heart goes out to you and your family. It is never easy when a beloved "furry" family member dies. I still get teary eyed thinking of my "furry" family members who are no longer with me... I think we need to allow ourselves to go through a grieving process. After all, our "furry" family members are just members of our families who happen to be covered in fur...

I've found that aside from time, it always helps me to remember them in a special way. I make a collage of pictures, put it in a pretty frame, and hang it in my home. My daughter has always helped me with this.

I know your dog will always hold a special place in your heart...I honestly understand the unique bond and love we share with our dogs. The time they spend with us is a gift. And, when they're no longer physically with us, they're always with us in our hearts...

I'm truly sorry for your loss. WFEN

tammyjh

I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved pet. I remember when I lost my little Sammy Boy. I still miss him :sad-very:
(((((hugs)))))

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry that you lost your buddy. She had a long full life. She was blessed to have a mom who loved him so much. Take some comfort in what you gave to her and she gave to you.

I know how sad you must be.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sorry for the loss of Coco.......I can only say having a pet comes close to pure love.......thinking of you......