My dog gets carsick. Can I give her anything?

BusynMember

I love to ride with my dogs, but little Chloe, my yorkie/bichon mix, tends to throw up in the car after a while. Any quick fixes?

flnurse1976

They have stuff at the pet stores..we have pet smart where i live and they sell something for that...sorry i cant remember the name buts its like dramamine we take on boats but for dogs...my dog gets sick also and i've been meaning to get some..its in pill form..hope that helps some

BusynMember

Thank you. My other dog LOVES the car and this dog gets very distraught if I take him anywhere without her so not bringing her with on our rides (or never going on car rides) is not an option. I will go to Petco, which is what we have out here and buy something for her.

Lothlorien

It was suggested by my vet to try Benadryl. Lowndose (25 mg for my 24 lb dog). Didn't work so vet prescribed medication. Don't know the name but can look later.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

BusynMember

We just bought her a natural substance from the pet store. She seems to love the taste and today she didn't throw up in the car. It's really just supposed to relax her...has chamomile and ginger in it...nothing that could hurt her. I had thought of Benadryl, but the vet said to try the natural stuff first. Thanks for the response!