My Favorite Christmas gift

susiestar

Roll With It
I got the most amazing and wonderful Christmas present yesterday.

I had arranged a reunion with my 2 best friends from high school for yesterday (Saturday). We were to meet at my mom's house. I almost cancelled because the neck and not being able to help prepare the house and food and stuff. We have not all gotten together since the year after we graduated.

My DAD cleaned house with difficult child. He put out veggies and chips and stuff for drinks, he made coffee all night for us, stayed and visited, and wouldn't let me so much as put a spoon in the sink.

BOth of my friends came with their kids. M came first. She has 3 kids all born within weeks of my kids birthdays. And 2 more that she adopted from China. They are wonderful, well ajusted happy kids - ALL of them. The boys show NO signs of problems,even after a year with them (The boys were placed with a foster family at birth and stayed with the SAME loving family until M adopted them).

K has 3 kids, all born within weeks of my kids and M's kids!!!!

K's dad is a good friend of my dad, and her mom is a good friend of my mom. So my dad even stayed out and socialized for the ENTIRE party!! (he often dislikes social events)

ALL the kids were great, had a blast. It was so nice to see everyone.

I just feel so blessed, this was the most wonderful gift I could ever have gotten. Such a lift for my spirits!!

Wanted to share my joy with my other best friends!

Susie

klmno

Congratulations! It sounds like are are just as blessed (if not more) to have your Dad as you are to have the friends and reunion!