my friend at work is missing

Steely

She disappeared. Per my other posts there has been someone harassing her at work. Today she disappeared in the middle of the day, and the police are looking for her and cannot find her. I have told my workplace for many weeks this guy is bad news. I have told them for the last week that this guy is harassing her and they have ignored it.

This is the same scenario..........the same exact scenario that happened to H, one year ago. And she is dead. Why on earth, why on this ever loving earth, would this scenario be duplicating itself in my life. One person can only take so much. Please pray for my friend.

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh my God, you must be frantic!!! I am so sorry. I have no idea what on earth is going on for this to be happening a second time in your life.

I will keep your friend and you in my prayers. Have you spoken to the police about this man you warned the company about? Be SURE to tell them you warned mgmt about this man and they ignored you.

Sending gentle hugs and LOTS of support to you.

klmno

Good wishes and support being sent your way. I'm glad you're safe- keep it that way, ok? Let's just hope the friend skipped out for a bit to keep herself safe.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a prayer your friend slipped off to family to get away from this jerk. Keeping fingers crossed thing holding good thoughts.

Have you told the police about mr. harassment dude?? If not, they need to be informed.

Mega (((((hugs)))))

Fran

Former desparate mom
How long has she been gone? Is her family concerned? The chances that this is a repeat of your sister are pretty slim.
I hope she is just doing something that she didn't share with you and will be back healthy, happy and unharmed.
You may be a bit overly sensitized to someone not being where they are supposed to be. Understandably.

M

ML

Oh no, Steel. I am so sorry. I am praying that there is a logical explanation. Try to hold on to a positive thought (I know that's very hard to do). Thinking positive and sending prayers.

B

bran155

Oh, I am so sorry Steely. This must be so hard for you. Try not to think the worst just yet. Sending prayers and (((HUGS))) your way.

Hang in there and God bless.

Steely

She called me this morning.........she had been trying to disappear from this guy at work that had been scaring her. I told her I was furious that she would have been so selfish to do this without telling me. Instead I was calling the police, and up all night worried. I mean she just walked out of work at 10am and never came back - it was spooky.

Furthermore - it just adds to the ongoing theme of how incredibly bonkers my work is. What is WRONG with this place????

Anyway she is safe. Thanks for thinking of her & me.

Jena

sorry i'm late to this. i'm glad she called you. it is kinda out of control that things there are that hectic that ppl are disappearing to dodge other ppl who work there out of fear. do you think telling police about this ongoing lack of security at company would help at all? or at least possibly steer you in right direction as to how to proceed?

Thank goodness she's safe, she needs to have some protection from this guy if she's trying to dissappear. She shouldn't have to live in fear of some lunatic, I'm sorry you were so scared!-Alyssa

susiestar

Roll With It
Steely I am SO sorry she scared you like this. I am also frightened for her - it must be VERY VERY BAD for her to think of disappearing like this even once. This man must be horrible, and she needs to talk to the police and maybe get a restraining order.

Gentle hugs for you, and I am glad that she was not hurt.

Susie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How frightening, but especially for you. I'm so sorry that she didn't give you a forewarning about her plans.

Has anyone questioned that bad man at all yet about the harrassment??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Steely I'm so sorry she scared the daylights out of you. Thank God she called you and let you know she's alright.

And yes, it does say alot for how bad it is there. Someone needs to talk to the police about this......company be d*mned. You all's safety must come first. Who knows, maybe if police get dragged into it, they'll start taking this stuff seriously.

(((hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - Now this is TWO of you trying to escape this person. I think the police need to be involved and keep a check on this man. I also think both of you need to get another job and get out of there.

Nothing is worth your life -

Ropefree

Banned
Steely: I think your co-worker is smart. She did walk out and you had reported the harrassment to the company and what happened? Nothing.
I hope you go down to unemployment and start your claim for benefits and do not take no for an answer.
The company "may" not have known the guy was off center when they hired him.
and when the complaints started coming in that was no longer the case. If you two were both working there befor he arrived and were having a safty issue with him there then what role does the state have to you now? find out. Push it.
Deaths are not the only reason to get attention. Harrassment and the unsafe atmosphere that is created with harassment are also.